RE: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32_5.2.8.1_20120808 including BPQAPRS is now available.

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 10 1:24 AM
      Tony,

      The Help menu only appears when either the Monitor or Terminal windows are active. Thanks for pointing out that it doesn't work - I'll fix that. The version is shown on the title bar of the bpq32.dll console window, at the top of the console window as part of the initialisation display, or in response to the Node "V" command.

      BPQTermTCP can send keepalives. This is enabled by setting "Chat Terminal Mode" in Setup. It is called that as it was added to prevent chat sessions timing out.

      .

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 10 5:22 PM
        John. Thanks for the advice. Ive enabled the "Chat Terminal Mode" now. I wonder if you have tried this ? I still seem to get disconnected after a while.
        I am actually sitting there connected to the BPQ32 Host and just monitoring the channel traffic with no outbound connection and eventually I end up getting disconnected from the host.

        Regards
        Tony VK5AH

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 11 1:53 PM
          Tony,

          Yes, I quite often leave it connected for quite long periods. How long a period are you talking about?

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 11 4:49 PM
            John,

            Its about 10 mins or less. This happens on 2 systems both admitedly with as good as identical configs. Perhaps there is a non acticity timer of sorts thats comming into play. My config could have something in there as it has been a slow morph originally starting from BPQ16 .

            Another odd thing Ive found is that on connection I dont actually start to receive frames (displayed on the upper screen) until I make an outbound connect then disconnect and then reconnect to the BPQ32 Host. Then it seems to receive ok without having to connect.

            Just timed the Disconnect. Its 7 mins and 45 seconds or thereabouts. One thing that almost fits that is my setting for IDLETIME=420.
            I did find something about this that you fixed a while back with Fix resetting IDLE Timer on Pactor/WINMOR session. Also Send L3 Keepalive messages (KEEPLI) based on IDLETIME

            May be this IDLETIME has got something to do with it but the timer does not quite fit.

            Any ideas ?

            Regards Tony VK5AH

            > Tony,
            >
            > Yes, I quite often leave it connected for quite long periods. How long a
            > period are you talking about?
            >
            > _____

          • wavetel1
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 17 5:24 AM
              John,

              Ive still been experimenting with the Remote telnet and timeout.
              Its a bit difficult at present as I am on holidays now. Back home is the BPQ node. Before I left I increased the Idletime from IDLETIME=420 to 1800. This seems to keep me connected to the Node remotely something like 3-4 hours now which is pretty good.

              I see you have done some changes for the TNC-x in the latest version. Can you explain what this is about in a bit more detail as I seem to have issues with my TNC-x locking up and not recieving every few days. This is probably not a new problem since the new version of BPQ but likely a new problem since I changed the setup recently to a new machine with a different OS. It was running beautifully under Windows ME very stable and now Ive gone across to XP.
              This is All I could find in the changelog but maybee its of interest to me. The TNC-x is running via USB.

              Add TNCX KISSOPTION for TNC-X BPQKISS software (includes the ACKMODE bytes in the checksum)

              Any clues John ? Regards
              Tony VK5AH

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 17 6:07 AM

                Ah!,

                TermTCP sends a keepalive every 9 minutes or thereabouts. I’ve always used an  IDLETIME of 15 mins, which was the default for most TNCs when I stated in packet. 420 is too short. 10 mins (600 secs) or above should be fine. I feel 30 mins is a bit long.

                The TNCX KISSOPTION is for use with the BPQKISS version of the TNC-X PIC program. I haven’t released this yet, but the option is in BPQ32 for those testing it.