Error Message with bpq

  • Michael J.Talkington
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2008
      I am going to list exactly what is happing to me when tring to use BPQ
      for win 32.I am uinsg the newest win 32 bpq version I just reinstalled
      Windows 2000 with IE 6 and service pack 4.when I click on BPQCFG yellow
      Icon I get a error if I use the dos Icon it works.Next when I run bpq
      terminal I get this exact error and it wont start.

      bpq32.dll console version 4.10.3.3:bpq32.exe -Application Error
      The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK
      to terminate the application

      while this is happening it opens 6 or 7 bpqs in the box next to my
      time.I have set up where it is in the registry I am stumped later Mike
      KC8FWD
    • Ron Stordahl
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2008
        Mike

        I started up a W2K machine 5.00.2195 SP4 with IE 6.0.2800.1106.  It didn't have BPQ32 on it.  Then I downloaded from the BPQ32 Yahoo Group BPQ32_410c_2007Dec20.exe and ran it successfully.  Doing the things you noted, I get no errors.  All appears to be fine.  There are later updates for W2K, which I am currently downloading.  After that Ill uninstall and reinstall BPQ32 and try again.  If BPQ32 then shows this problem Ill post that here, but I am really not anticipating any problem.

        I went to http://support.microsoft.com and searched for 0xc0000142 and there is a bunch of stuff trying to explain the problem.  Similarly I googled 0xc0000142 and there is a ton of stuff there.  Ranging from virus infestation, conflicts with anti-virus software to corrupted OS files requiring reinstallation of the OS.  I don't know what to believe.

        Are you making entries yourself in the registry using regedit?  If so this shouldn't be needed, the installer does all of this for you, and removes them upon uninstall.

        As to opening 6 or 7 bpq's, yes depending upon the configuration quite a few programs do start, this is expected.  Exactly how many?  I would have to study your configuration to tell you, but in my typical application there are 5.  To this I could add bpqtelnetserver, bpqstatus, etc if I wished.

        Hopefully John will respond.  I suspect he is away at the moment.

        Ron, N5IN

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2008
          Ron,
          I completely wiped out the computer using Fdisk then set up the hard
          drive using fdisk to set a new partition and make it active formated it
          then ran win2k set up had win2k reformat the drive for fat 32 then just
          updated ie to ie 6 and also added AVG antivirus.I never mess with
          registry I dont know what to do.also run a full version of Zone alarm
          pro.I do turn off zone alarm and avg so I am not shure.thanks and
          73 de Mike KC8FWD
        • Michael J.Talkington
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2008
            Ron I can talk over the phone it does not cost anything for me and tell
            you more about my system
            kc8fwd@... thanks
          • Michael J.Talkington
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2008
              Ron,
              It is working and here is the two things I did.
              Uninstalled AVG Antivirus and I was taking a copy of bpqcfg.txt I
              already had saved on my other computer and both computers have the same
              latest version of bpq32 and just copied it to my computer with ar
              cluster well I unregistered it in the registry using the bpq program
              uninstalled bpq rebooted computer reinstalled BPQ set registry redone
              bpqcfg from scratch with the on that just reinstaled then reinstalled
              AVG and it seems to be working fine I am going to leave it on all night
              for testing thanks Mike KC8FWD