RE: [BPQ32] TNC for the Raspberry PI

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 5, 2012
      I'm going to be away for a couple of days, but will publish more information whan I get back.

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 6, 2012
        I would be interested in this information also, I am working with the TNC-X and a beagleboard. The direction I was going is using External Power for the TNC-X along with the USB connection into the Beagleboard as I was not sure if a single 5V Power Adapter would be enough to power the Beagleboard and the TNC-X.

        As I just joined this group today, I am still looking through past messages to get up to speed on this as it has been many years since i have worked with Digital Modes in Amateur Radio.

        > The full pinout of the PI 26 way is on the PI website. The are four
        > connections. Red and black for power and ground. The TNC is powered from the
        > PI. Green and white for TX and RX data (which way round depends on which end
        > you are looking from). TXD from the TNC goes via a resitive divider to drop
        > the 5V from the TNC to 3.3V for the PI.
        >
        > I'm planning to create a board including the PI connector, but if anyone
        > wants to experiment in the mean time I'll publish the mods to a standard
        > TNC-X.
        >
        > 73,
        > John.
        >
        > _____

      • Rick Nicholson
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 6, 2012
          Ok ,Thanks John..

          Rick/n9umj

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 6, 2012
            Thanks John

             I been powering my pi with with a gigaware powered usb hub 2.0A @5v

            That seems to provide enough power for the RSPi keyboard,mouse,monitor and wireless adapter. I don't have the tnc-x yet. But that 's the direction I'd like to go with BPQ32 if the pi's prove dependable.

            I've been looking at the beagleboard for another pi project with dstar any tips  or links on the BB would be appreciated.

            Rick/n9umj

            --- In mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

            > The full pinout of the PI 26 way is on the PI website. The are four
            > connections. Red and black for power and ground. The TNC is powered from the
            > PI. Green and white for TX and RX data (which way round depends on which end
            > you are looking from). TXD from the TNC goes via a resitive divider to drop
            > the 5V from the TNC to 3.3V for the PI.
            >
            > I'm planning to create a board including the PI connector, but if anyone
            > wants to experiment in the mean time I'll publish the mods to a standard
            > TNC-X.
            >
            > 73,
            > John.
            >
            > _____

          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 6, 2012

              I received my two latest Pi today only been on order a week.> COOL.. I have 4 now.. JK

              That seems to provide enough power for the RSPi keyboard,mouse,monitor and wireless adapter. I don't have the tnc-x yet. But that 's the direction I'd like to go with BPQ32 if the pi's prove dependable.

              I've been looking at the beagleboard for another pi project with dstar any tips  or links on the BB would be appreciated.

              Rick/n9umj

              I would be interested in this information also, I am working with the TNC-X and a beagleboard. The direction I was going is using External Power for the TNC-X along with the USB connection into the Beagleboard as I was not sure if a single 5V Power Adapter would be enough to power the Beagleboard and the TNC-X.

              As I just joined this group today, I am still looking through past messages to get up to speed on this as it has been many years since i have worked with Digital Modes in Amateur Radio.

              --- In mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

              > The full pinout of the PI 26 way is on the PI website. The are four
              > connections. Red and black for power and ground. The TNC is powered from the
              > PI. Green and white for TX and RX data (which way round depends on which end
              > you are looking from). TXD from the TNC goes via a resitive divider to drop
              > the 5V from the TNC to 3.3V for the PI.
              >
              > I'm planning to create a board including the PI connector, but if anyone
              > wants to experiment in the mean time I'll publish the mods to a standard
              > TNC-X.
              >
              > 73,
              > John.
              >
              > _____

            • k7mch
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 11, 2013
                Still looking? I need a map address info for you.
                73 de Mark