Re: [BPQ32] New BPQ switch in Silver Springs, NV

  • KB7RSI
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2012

      Catch me in chat tomorrow John.  I'll forward with ya.

      Harold

      Sent from a smartphone.  Owner makes typo's for sure.

      On Jul 30, 2012 6:04 AM, "nv_desperado" <jdcollis@...> wrote:

      Hello to everyone. I'm setting up a new BPQ switch in Silver Springs, Nevada for our local hams. I'm looking for link/forwarding partners! If anyone is interested linking/forwarding with my system please send me a email.

      Thanks

      73!
      John
      W7JDC

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 5, 2012
        Hi folks,

        I've got a modified TNC-X working with the PI. See photos

        https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/S1270002.JPG
        https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/S1270003.JPG

      • ve2hom Pascal
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 5, 2012
          Hello John,
              Can you send me information about this.  I have order one rasberry pi and want to use it for packet.

          Tnx
          73 de Pascal

          Le 05/08/12 08:55, John Wiseman a écrit :
          Hi folks,

          I've got a modified TNC-X working with the PI. See photos

          https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/S1270002.JPG
          https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/S1270003.JPG

        • Clayton Brantley
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 5, 2012
            John:  I'm interested too.  Have a Pi on order and ready to put it to use.

            73 Clayton N4EV

            I've got a modified TNC-X working with the PI. See photos

            https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/S1270002.JPG
            https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/S1270003.JPG

          • Rick Nicholson
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 5, 2012

              Whats the pinout on the rasp pi? It looks like a green,brown and white wires between the pi and tnc-x, Im gueesing thats power to the tnc-x?

              Rick/N9UMJ

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 5, 2012
                The full pinout of the PI 26 way is on the PI website.  The are four connections. Red and black for power and ground. The TNC is powered from the PI. Green and white for TX and RX data (which way round depends on which end you are looking from). TXD from the TNC goes via a resitive divider to drop the 5V from the TNC to 3.3V for the PI.

                I'm planning to create a board including the PI connector, but if anyone wants to experiment in the mean time I'll publish the mods to a standard TNC-X.

                73,
                John.

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 5, 2012
                  I'm going to be away for a couple of days, but will publish more information whan I get back.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 6, 2012
                    I would be interested in this information also, I am working with the TNC-X and a beagleboard. The direction I was going is using External Power for the TNC-X along with the USB connection into the Beagleboard as I was not sure if a single 5V Power Adapter would be enough to power the Beagleboard and the TNC-X.

                    As I just joined this group today, I am still looking through past messages to get up to speed on this as it has been many years since i have worked with Digital Modes in Amateur Radio.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 6, 2012
                      Ok ,Thanks John..

                      Rick/n9umj

                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 6, 2012
                        Thanks John

                         I been powering my pi with with a gigaware powered usb hub 2.0A @5v

                        That seems to provide enough power for the RSPi keyboard,mouse,monitor and wireless adapter. I don't have the tnc-x yet. But that 's the direction I'd like to go with BPQ32 if the pi's prove dependable.

                        I've been looking at the beagleboard for another pi project with dstar any tips  or links on the BB would be appreciated.

                        Rick/n9umj

                        --- In mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

                        > The full pinout of the PI 26 way is on the PI website. The are four
                        > connections. Red and black for power and ground. The TNC is powered from the
                        > PI. Green and white for TX and RX data (which way round depends on which end
                        > you are looking from). TXD from the TNC goes via a resitive divider to drop
                        > the 5V from the TNC to 3.3V for the PI.
                        >
                        > I'm planning to create a board including the PI connector, but if anyone
                        > wants to experiment in the mean time I'll publish the mods to a standard
                        > TNC-X.
                        >
                        > 73,
                        > John.
                        >
                        > _____

                      • Jerry
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 6, 2012

                          I received my two latest Pi today only been on order a week.> COOL.. I have 4 now.. JK

                          That seems to provide enough power for the RSPi keyboard,mouse,monitor and wireless adapter. I don't have the tnc-x yet. But that 's the direction I'd like to go with BPQ32 if the pi's prove dependable.

                          I've been looking at the beagleboard for another pi project with dstar any tips  or links on the BB would be appreciated.

                          Rick/n9umj

                          I would be interested in this information also, I am working with the TNC-X and a beagleboard. The direction I was going is using External Power for the TNC-X along with the USB connection into the Beagleboard as I was not sure if a single 5V Power Adapter would be enough to power the Beagleboard and the TNC-X.

                          As I just joined this group today, I am still looking through past messages to get up to speed on this as it has been many years since i have worked with Digital Modes in Amateur Radio.

                          --- In mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

                          > The full pinout of the PI 26 way is on the PI website. The are four
                          > connections. Red and black for power and ground. The TNC is powered from the
                          > PI. Green and white for TX and RX data (which way round depends on which end
                          > you are looking from). TXD from the TNC goes via a resitive divider to drop
                          > the 5V from the TNC to 3.3V for the PI.
                          >
                          > I'm planning to create a board including the PI connector, but if anyone
                          > wants to experiment in the mean time I'll publish the mods to a standard
                          > TNC-X.
                          >
                          > 73,
                          > John.
                          >
                          > _____

                        • k7mch
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 11, 2013
                            Still looking? I need a map address info for you.
                            73 de Mark