Re: [BPQ32] Howdy from Colorado !!

  • David Bird
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 30 7:41 AM
      Dave,

      Just reading the mail but am interested in your comments about using Outpost to support Red Cross/Salv Army needs. I am attempting to organize packet resources in the Salt Lake valley and surrounding areas with a BBS network along the lines of the Santa Clara county plan or something similar. I am starting to do presentations with the local ERC groups and will appreciate any examples of such networks and how they are being used. I will appreciate a little overview of what you do/try to do with your fire support or other ERC activities. I am trying to demonstrate that packet is not dead and that it is a viable tool for emergency support. Thanks for anything you can provide.

      I am also impressed with what you and your fire crews do. There are at least four fires within 100-miles of where I am at this moment.

      73, Dave
      WA7RYV

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 6, 2012

        I’ve produced an experimental BPQTermTCP for android. It is similar to the Windows version, but doesn’t (yet) include monitoring.

        https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk

        I’ve only run it on a tablet (a 7 inch Galaxy Tab). It should work on a phone, but the display may be too small to be useful.

        The Menu has three options – Connect, Setting and Exit.

        Any comments or suggestions would be welcome.

        73, John G8BPQ

      • GDDuncan
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 6, 2012
          Thanks John
          Installed and running, I'll let you know if I see any bugs.
          73 N8ERC

          --

          N8ERC - WQKN320
          KJU4644
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 16, 2012

            My apologies to anyone who has tried to use this on a device without a Menu button. I’ve just tried it on my daughter’s new Galaxy Tab (Ice Cream Sandwich), and I couldn’t find any way to bring up the menu to configure and connect.

            I’m looking for a solution..

            73, John

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 16, 2012
              Hi John,

              I have avoided getting a cell/smart phone all these years.

              However, I have a RBC-212 at my home station and it can be controlled by
              Cell/Smart Phone or Internet via the RBC-212. It is my ICOM 706 MKIIG for
              Winlink Pactor III or voice.

              Now you give me another reason to get a smart phone along with APRS and Echo
              Link !!!! Although I can do all these via internet if it is available, a
              smart phone would be a nice back up.

              I start my travels around America next year in my Lazy Daze RV/BMW F650GS so
              I think it is about time I get a smart phone !!!!

              I am getting ready to set up my BPQ32 Station like Ken KD6PGI by running
              BPQAPRS and Tel NET. I like the fact I can send traffic via the ICOM
              706/Pactor III if the internet goes down without intervention like RMS
              Relay.

              Wild Land Fire season is still in full swing which means I will not be
              around much. I will stop in to say howdy when I get a chance. After
              talking on radios/computers 16 hours a day for two weeks, when I get home I
              could care less about getting on a radio or computer. Sure you understand.

              Cheers and thanks for all you do John..

              Bill Erhardt K7MT Helena, Mt.
              http://www.k7mt.com

              never get over" Benjamin Franklin.
            • Jerry
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 16, 2012

                Bill email me off list… jkutche@... please…. 73 jerry n9lya

                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 16, 2012
                  Hi John
                  On my Android, the menu button is the  square settings button. But I am unable to login after connecting.
                  I notice that the droid auto caps the first character when typing, does it also do that for the username and password on the settings for your app?
                  I am able to login using my telnet app.
                  73
                  Dave

                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 18, 2012

                    Dave,

                    Normal telnet connects to TCPPORT on the server. BPQTermTCP must connect to FBBPORT. Could that be the problem?

                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 18, 2012
                      John,
                      That could be it. I do not have an FBBPORT set up.
                      Now you gave me something else to learn. HI HI.
                      Dave

                    Message 10 of 15 , Feb 11, 2013
                      I haven't been paying attention to this much, but is there an update to this by any chance?

                      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" wrote:

                      > My apologies to anyone who has tried to use this on a device without a Menu
                      > button. I've just tried it on my daughter's new Galaxy Tab (Ice Cream
                      > Sandwich), and I couldn't find any way to bring up the menu to configure and
                      > connect.
                      >
                      > I'm looking for a solution..
                      >
                      > 73, John
                      >

                      > _____

                      zE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAM4OTk0BHNlYwNmdHIEc
                      > 2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTM0NDI0OTU5Mw--?act=reply&messageNum=8994> via web post

                      zE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0a
                      > W1lAzEzNDQyNDk1OTM-> Start a New Topic
                      >
                      > Messages

                      zk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAM4OTk0BHNlY
                      > wNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM0NDI0OTU5MwR0cGNJZAM4OTgx> in this topic (4)
                      >
                      > Recent Activity:
                      >
                      > *

                      U5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycw
                      > RzdGltZQMxMzQ0MjQ5NTkz?o=6> New Members 3

                      dycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAz
                      > EzNDQyNDk1OTM-> Visit Your Group

                      jk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTM0NDI0OTU5M
                      > w--> Yahoo! Groups
                      >
                      > Switch to:

                      :%20Traditional> Text-Only,

                      > Daily Digest .
                      > Unsubscribe .
                      > Terms of Use
                      >
                      > .

                      d=8994/stime=1344249593/nc1=4836036/nc2=5741398/nc3=4025373>

                      Message 11 of 15 , Feb 11, 2013
                        No.

                        To be honest I'd forgotten about it.

                        I'll see if I can borrow my daughter's device and try to sort it out.

                        73, John

                        I haven't been paying attention to this much, but is there an update to this by any chance?

                        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" wrote:

                        > My apologies to anyone who has tried to use this on a
                        device without a Menu
                        > button. I've just tried it on my daughter's new
                        Galaxy Tab (Ice Cream
                        > Sandwich), and I couldn't find any way to bring up
                        the menu to configure and
                        > connect.
                        >
                        > I'm looking for a
                        solution..

                        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John

                        href="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk">https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk

                        > I've only run it on a tablet (a 7 inch Galaxy Tab). It should work on
                        > phone, but the display may be too small to be useful.

                        The Menu has three options - Connect, Setting and Exit.

                        > Any
                        comments or suggestions would be welcome.

                        > 73, John
                        G8BPQ

                        *

                        U5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycw

                        RzdGltZQMxMzQ0MjQ5NTkz?o=6> New Members 3

                        dycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAz

                        EzNDQyNDk1OTM-> Visit Your Group

                        jk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTM0NDI0OTU5M

                        w--> Yahoo! Groups

                        > Switch to:

                        :%20Traditional> Text-Only,

                        > Daily Digest .
                        > Unsubscribe .
                        > Terms
                        of Use

                        Message 12 of 15 , Feb 11, 2013
                          Awesome. I figured it could give me another excuse to use my HP Touchpad for. It'd be killer if you could get the monitor portion working.

                        • Shawn Bush
                          Message 13 of 15 , Mar 22, 2013

                            I have used BPQTermTCP in the past on my Droid Bionic and it worked fine but now when ever I hit connect the program crashes.

                            73's