Howdy from Colorado !!

  • k7mt@mt.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 29 7:52 PM
      Hi Mike,

      Well, I will be darned. We were going to set up at the elementry
      school in Sinclair !!! It was the Seminoe Fire up at the Dam !!!

      The Type III team did such a good job that we were not assigned to
      take it over but leave it with the Type III. They sent us down to
      Loveland, Co. to stage for the last 4 days...

      If I had know you lived in Sinclair I would have stopped by. Darn !!!

      Looks like we are heading home to Montana tomorrow as there are
      several new fire starts in our Region...

      I have a couple pictures of Seminoe on my web site..

      http://www.k7mt.com

      Cheers Bill Loveland, Co.

    • D R Mynatt
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 29 7:57 PM
        Hi to you too!

        I'm down here in Pueblo and helped at the Waldo Canon fire. 2m just didn't
        get the job done in the mountains (as I'm sure you know) and so I need to go
        HF.

        Are you using BPQ on HF? What advice can you send my way for next time?
        I'm thinking of setting up a BPQ Server on HF down in Pueblo and send HF
        rigs with Outpost up to support the Red Cross/Salv Army needs; that way my
        server will always have internet access and I can keep it out of the trouble
        area.

        Any suggestions?

        Dave
        Pueblo, CO
        KA0SWT

        Well, I will be darned. We were going to set up at the elementry school in
        Sinclair !!! It was the Seminoe Fire up at the Dam !!!

        The Type III team did such a good job that we were not assigned to take it
        over but leave it with the Type III. They sent us down to Loveland, Co. to
        stage for the last 4 days...

        If I had know you lived in Sinclair I would have stopped by. Darn !!!

        Looks like we are heading home to Montana tomorrow as there are several new
        fire starts in our Region...

        I have a couple pictures of Seminoe on my web site..

        http://www.k7mt.com

        Cheers Bill Loveland, Co.

        -----
        No virus found in this message.
      • David Bird
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 30 7:41 AM
          Dave,

          Just reading the mail but am interested in your comments about using Outpost to support Red Cross/Salv Army needs. I am attempting to organize packet resources in the Salt Lake valley and surrounding areas with a BBS network along the lines of the Santa Clara county plan or something similar. I am starting to do presentations with the local ERC groups and will appreciate any examples of such networks and how they are being used. I will appreciate a little overview of what you do/try to do with your fire support or other ERC activities. I am trying to demonstrate that packet is not dead and that it is a viable tool for emergency support. Thanks for anything you can provide.

          I am also impressed with what you and your fire crews do. There are at least four fires within 100-miles of where I am at this moment.

          73, Dave
          WA7RYV

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 6, 2012

            I’ve produced an experimental BPQTermTCP for android. It is similar to the Windows version, but doesn’t (yet) include monitoring.

            https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk

            I’ve only run it on a tablet (a 7 inch Galaxy Tab). It should work on a phone, but the display may be too small to be useful.

            The Menu has three options – Connect, Setting and Exit.

            Any comments or suggestions would be welcome.

            73, John G8BPQ

          • GDDuncan
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 6, 2012
              Thanks John
              Installed and running, I'll let you know if I see any bugs.
              73 N8ERC

              --

              N8ERC - WQKN320
              KJU4644
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 16, 2012

                My apologies to anyone who has tried to use this on a device without a Menu button. I’ve just tried it on my daughter’s new Galaxy Tab (Ice Cream Sandwich), and I couldn’t find any way to bring up the menu to configure and connect.

                I’m looking for a solution..

                73, John

                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 16, 2012
                  Hi John,

                  I have avoided getting a cell/smart phone all these years.

                  However, I have a RBC-212 at my home station and it can be controlled by
                  Cell/Smart Phone or Internet via the RBC-212. It is my ICOM 706 MKIIG for
                  Winlink Pactor III or voice.

                  Now you give me another reason to get a smart phone along with APRS and Echo
                  Link !!!! Although I can do all these via internet if it is available, a
                  smart phone would be a nice back up.

                  I start my travels around America next year in my Lazy Daze RV/BMW F650GS so
                  I think it is about time I get a smart phone !!!!

                  I am getting ready to set up my BPQ32 Station like Ken KD6PGI by running
                  BPQAPRS and Tel NET. I like the fact I can send traffic via the ICOM
                  706/Pactor III if the internet goes down without intervention like RMS
                  Relay.

                  Wild Land Fire season is still in full swing which means I will not be
                  around much. I will stop in to say howdy when I get a chance. After
                  talking on radios/computers 16 hours a day for two weeks, when I get home I
                  could care less about getting on a radio or computer. Sure you understand.

                  Cheers and thanks for all you do John..

                  Bill Erhardt K7MT Helena, Mt.
                  http://www.k7mt.com

                  never get over" Benjamin Franklin.
                • Jerry
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 16, 2012

                    Bill email me off list… jkutche@... please…. 73 jerry n9lya

                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 16, 2012
                      Hi John
                      On my Android, the menu button is the  square settings button. But I am unable to login after connecting.
                      I notice that the droid auto caps the first character when typing, does it also do that for the username and password on the settings for your app?
                      I am able to login using my telnet app.
                      73
                      Dave

                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 18, 2012

                        Dave,

                        Normal telnet connects to TCPPORT on the server. BPQTermTCP must connect to FBBPORT. Could that be the problem?

                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 18, 2012
                          John,
                          That could be it. I do not have an FBBPORT set up.
                          Now you gave me something else to learn. HI HI.
                          Dave

                        Message 12 of 15 , Feb 11, 2013
                          I haven't been paying attention to this much, but is there an update to this by any chance?

                          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" wrote:

                          > My apologies to anyone who has tried to use this on a device without a Menu
                          > button. I've just tried it on my daughter's new Galaxy Tab (Ice Cream
                          > Sandwich), and I couldn't find any way to bring up the menu to configure and
                          > connect.
                          >
                          > I'm looking for a solution..
                          >
                          > 73, John
                          >

                          > _____

                          zE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAM4OTk0BHNlYwNmdHIEc
                          > 2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTM0NDI0OTU5Mw--?act=reply&messageNum=8994> via web post

                          zE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0a
                          > W1lAzEzNDQyNDk1OTM-> Start a New Topic
                          >
                          > Messages

                          zk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAM4OTk0BHNlY
                          > wNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM0NDI0OTU5MwR0cGNJZAM4OTgx> in this topic (4)
                          >
                          > Recent Activity:
                          >
                          > *

                          U5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycw
                          > RzdGltZQMxMzQ0MjQ5NTkz?o=6> New Members 3

                          dycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAz
                          > EzNDQyNDk1OTM-> Visit Your Group

                          jk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTM0NDI0OTU5M
                          > w--> Yahoo! Groups
                          >
                          > Switch to:

                          :%20Traditional> Text-Only,

                          > Daily Digest .
                          > Unsubscribe .
                          > Terms of Use
                          >
                          > .

                          d=8994/stime=1344249593/nc1=4836036/nc2=5741398/nc3=4025373>

                          Message 13 of 15 , Feb 11, 2013
                            No.

                            To be honest I'd forgotten about it.

                            I'll see if I can borrow my daughter's device and try to sort it out.

                            73, John

                            I haven't been paying attention to this much, but is there an update to this by any chance?

                            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" wrote:

                            > My apologies to anyone who has tried to use this on a
                            device without a Menu
                            > button. I've just tried it on my daughter's new
                            Galaxy Tab (Ice Cream
                            > Sandwich), and I couldn't find any way to bring up
                            the menu to configure and
                            > connect.
                            >
                            > I'm looking for a
                            solution..

                            href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John

                            href="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk">https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk

                            > I've only run it on a tablet (a 7 inch Galaxy Tab). It should work on
                            > phone, but the display may be too small to be useful.

                            The Menu has three options - Connect, Setting and Exit.

                            > Any
                            comments or suggestions would be welcome.

                            > 73, John
                            G8BPQ

                            *

                            U5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycw

                            RzdGltZQMxMzQ0MjQ5NTkz?o=6> New Members 3

                            dycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAz

                            EzNDQyNDk1OTM-> Visit Your Group

                            jk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTM0NDI0OTU5M

                            w--> Yahoo! Groups

                            > Switch to:

                            :%20Traditional> Text-Only,

                            > Daily Digest .
                            > Unsubscribe .
                            > Terms
                            of Use

                            Message 14 of 15 , Feb 11, 2013
                              Awesome. I figured it could give me another excuse to use my HP Touchpad for. It'd be killer if you could get the monitor portion working.

                            • Shawn Bush
                              Message 15 of 15 , Mar 22, 2013

                                I have used BPQTermTCP in the past on my Droid Bionic and it worked fine but now when ever I hit connect the program crashes.

                                73's