07-27-12 - APPLICATION COMMUNICATING WITH BPQ

  • David Bird
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2012
      This is a continuation of a previous thread. I am writing an application for the BPQ node written using Visual Basic Express 2010 and using the bpq32.dll. I have been able to use the Globals defined in the DemoApp and everything works fine for uplink; i.e., node to application. However, when I attempt to downlink; i.e., application to node, the node confirms the connection by returning "SWITCH" but then there is no further communications. There is no further handler events from the connection stream and uplink streams continue to operate properly. BPQ stream status show "SWITCH" connected to the correct stream but RX and TX count are always "0". Is there a way to see what the node is actually receiving or does it matter? I will appreciate any help or suggestions.

      I also have allocated a separate uplink stream for monitoring. I receive the event that monitor frames are available but I cannot receive the frames. Looking through the API it appears the the Monitor functions are not defined in the Globals included with DemoApp. Are these declarations available? Specifically the following are not declared:

          MONcount
         GetMonFrame
         GetMonFrameAndTimeStamp

      The following are declared:

         MonDataAvail
         DecodeFrame

      Again, any help and the definitions would be appreciated.

      73, Dave
      WA7RYV