W, J and M features in the SID?

  • Hank
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22, 2012
      Perhaps I have not looked in the right places, but have not been able to find a description of those feature letters. Will someone point to me the description please ...

      Thank You.

      ... Hank
    • David Bird
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24, 2012
        I would also be interested in what ALL those character codes represent?

        Dave,
        WA7RYV

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 27, 2012
          About SID feature letters.
          When known I note the first to implement as the author.

          Always in the SID:

          H - RLI Hierarchical location supported.
          I - RLI Ignores commands that begin with semi-colon.
          $ - MBL BID supported.
          If the feature is not seen the functionality is still assumed.

          May be in the SID:

          A - FBB Acknowledge.
          F - FBB No compression. FA.
          BF - FBB Compression version 0. FA, FB.
          B1F - FBB Compression version 1. FA, FB.
          B2F - WL2K Compression version 2. FC.
          J - BPQ Unknown.
          L - G1NNA Compression. Obsolete?
          M - FBB MID supported. Whatever that means.
          N - Paclink Following number is the "real SSID" of the system.
          R - AA4RE Extended message reject response. Obsolete.
          R2 - Winlink Unknown.
          S - AA4RE Extended "S" commands. Obsolete.
          S - RLI SMTP over "all" link protocols.
          T - Winlink Unknown.
          W - BPQ Unknown.
          X - RLI Compressed batch forwarding.