BPQMail forwarding

  • K.O. Higgs
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 19, 2012
      I am having a problem with BPQMail forwarding... not something new, but it has been this way pretty much from the beginning of BPQMailChat.

      Forwarding seems to be unreliable.. at least with my operation.
      And, it is not intuitive for me.

      There are only two bbs's involved... BPQMail forwards with only one other bbs.
      Connecting to the other bbs is NOT a problem.
      I would like to have BPQMail forward ALL p-mail (except what is addressed to itself) to the other bbs.
      I cannot depend on BPQMail to do this. Often mail that is supposed to be sent somewhere remains on the BPQMail bbs and I have to manually send it to the other bbs.

      I have no problem with bulletins... only p-mail.

      There should be a simple rule for sending ALL
      outbound p-mail another bbs.

      What is it???

      K.O. n0kfq
      --

      K.O. Higgs
      n0kfq@...

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 19, 2012
        K.O

        Is the P-Mail you are sending in the same HR or similar HR (State)?
        It would be worthwhile looking at the WP'S for the person you are forwarding
        to, and make sure it is correct
        And you are not the same HR or Home BBS.

        Have you tried as an example if you were trying to send P-Mail to me send it
        N9PMO@N9PMO
        Mike-N9PMO

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 19, 2012

            K.O.

            If a P message has a valid HR, either entered explicitly or derived from HOMEBBS or WP, then setting WW in the “HR (Personals and Directed Bulls)” field will forward it.

            73, John

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 19, 2012
              But, this is not what I am looking for..
              I need something that would forward any or all of the following to another bbs:
              sp anycall
              sp anycall @ anybbs
              sp anycall @ anybbs.anystate
              sp anycall @ anybbs.anystate.anycountry
              sp anycall @ anybbs.anystate.anycountry.anycontinent

              K.O. n0kfq

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 19, 2012
                If there was a way to just send it all to another bbs, the other bbs can deal with those addressing
                deficiencies. All of the p-mail originates on my BPQMail bbs.

                K.O.

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 22, 2014
                  Is there a way to limit the number of simultaneous forward attempts?

                  K.O. n0kfq
                  --

                  K.O. Higgs
                  n0kfq@...

                • Jerry
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 23, 2014

                    Hi K.O.

                    In the forward script add

                    Interlock Port# port being the port you are connecting to forward on..

                    Ie… I think this works both way.. Incoming and outgoing but not 100% sure.

                    Interlock 3

                    73 jerry

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 23, 2014

                      K.O.

                      You can prevent more than one connect at a time on a port, but apart from that the only way is to manage the forwarding time bands. I suppose if would be useful to be able to limit the total, so that some ports can be kept for inward connects

                      73, John

                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 23, 2014
                        Yes, I think it would be useful for that... also, I sometimes get a report that "all streams are in use". I have 12 streams assigned.  When I get this report, forwarding does not continue afterward to the missed bbs's, but starts over from the top... so, those bbs's at the bottom of the list get skipped.

                        K.O. n0kfq

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 24, 2014
                          Do you mean like this:

                            ATT 6
                            INTERLOCK 6
                            C *************

                          Does its location in the connect script matter?

                          K.O.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 24, 2014
                            KO
                            INTERLOCK goes into your config.
                            You put the INTERLOCK n in the ports you want to prevent from clashing and both ports the interlock number must be the same. You can have different combinations for different sets of ports but using different numbers.
                            I use INTERLOCK 2 for my fldigi port and Winmor port which are on the same frequency.
                            73
                            Dave
                            wb2hvf

                            Message 14 of 15 , Feb 24, 2014

                              On 2/24/2014 12:39 PM, K.O. Higgs wrote:

                              > Thanks, Dave.  What is "n" related to in "INTERLOCK n" ?
                              >
                              > K.O. n0kfq

                              "n" can equal any number you wish except that number must be the same number for each port that is related.

                              EXAMPLE.... MY PACTOR PORT....

                              PORT
                               PORTNUM=1
                               INTERLOCK=2
                               ID=PACTOR I ;KAM Pactor modem
                               PORTCALL=AFC2MC
                               TYPE=EXTERNAL
                               PROTOCOL=PACTOR
                               IOADDR=1  ;             COM Port Address (Note this is in hex, so for COM20 enter 14
                               SPEED=9600   ;          COM Port Speed
                               DLLNAME=KAMPactor.dll
                               QUALITY=0;              Can't Run NETROM on Pactor Ports
                               PORTCALL=AFC2MC
                               CONFIG
                               APPL BBS
                              INTFACE BBS         ; Autoconnect to BPQ32 PMS Application
                              CONOK ON/ON
                              ECHO OFF
                              XFLOW OFF
                              XMITECHO ON
                              TXFLOW OFF
                              XFLOW OFF
                              TRFLOW OFF
                              AUTOCR 0
                              AUTOLF OFF
                              CRADD OFF
                              MAXUSERS 10/10
                              CRSUP OFF/OFF
                              LFADD OFF/OFF
                              LFSUP OFF/OFF
                              ARQID 0
                              ARQBBS OFF
                              PTHUFF ON
                              SHIFT MODEM
                              MARK 1400
                              SPACE 1600
                              INV ON
                              MON ON/ON
                              MCON ON/ON
                              MCOM ON/ON
                              MALL ON/ON
                              CONOK ON/ON
                              RING OFF

                              ENDPORT
                              --------------------------------
                              AND MY WINMOR PORT.....
                              =================================
                              PORT
                               PORTNUM=3        ; Optional but sets port number if stated

                               INTERLOCK=2
                               ID=WINMOR             ; Displayed by PORTS command
                               TYPE=EXTERNAL        ; Calls an external module
                               PROTOCOL=WINMOR    ; WINMOR protocol is used
                               DLLNAME=WINMOR.dll    ; Uses WINMOR.dll
                               QUALITY=0        ; Can't run NETROM on WINMOR Ports
                              CONFIG
                              ADDR 127.0.0.1 8500 PATH C:\RMS Express\Winmor TNC.exe
                              CWID False
                              DEBUGLOG True
                              BW 1600
                              DRIVELEVEL 75