BPQ and PacComm PTC-II "Init Errors"

  • W6IDS
    Message 1 of 64 , Jul 15, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 15 KB

    Those supposed initialization errors appeared again.  So, I thought I'd
    take your suggestion and post the situation to you.

    Sorry about the pix below - its WIDE.  Too much on the right hand side.
    Used Irfanview - not used to it.

    Howard W6IDS
    Richmond, IN EM79NV

    Message 64 of 64 , Jan 3, 2013
      Sorry, my carelessness here. I never intended to suggest type 'B' messages other than WP should be killedif they have noone to forward to. I assumed that would be usnderstood, as we were discussing WP messages.

      Until the next houskeeping cycle killed messages can still be read by the sysop if he really wants to
      .
      73, John

      From: "Mark Taylor" <mtaylor@...>
      Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:03:57 -0600 (CST)
      To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

      Why would a WP Update message be read locally?

      Mark

      Regular type B Bulletin messages with no one to forward to should not be

      deleted immediately. As they can still be read locally.

      Message-----
      href="mailto:john.wiseman%40cantab.net">john.wiseman@...>

      Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      > Date:
      Thu, 3 Jan 2013 14:02:52
      > To:
      href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>

      RE: [BPQ32] Re: WP Updates

      > Mark,
      >
      > Type 'P' WP
      messages are killed after processing, type 'B' are kept until
      > they have
      been forwarded to any stations you have routed them to. Once
      > forwarded,
      they should be deleted by the next housekeeping cycle after

      their
      > lifetime has expired. I'll check why WP,1 doest get them
      removed,

      > I guess type 'B' messages that have noone to forward
      them to should also
      > be
      > deleted immediately.

      [BPQ32] Re: WP Updates

      > And, why
      is it that upon receipt of a WP message the BBS cannot process

      the
      > file then DELETE it. For my users it is simply garbage that they
      have to
      > scroll through to see interesting messages.

      Mark

      href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com , "n5mdt"
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> My BBS has numerous WP Update
      messages stored. They do seem to follow
      >> the
      > standard
      lifetime rules, which is set at 5 days I think. At this time the
      > oldest
      dates to Dec 30. Even though I have WP,1 in the TO box in the

      housekeeping tab.

      >> Is there any reason to keep the WP
      Update messages for a specific
      >> length
      > of time? Are they
      processed immediately on receipt? On a schedule?

      >> How
      exactly do they work? When is the shortest amount of time I must

      keep
      > them? How can I automatically have them deleted at the expiration
      of that
      > time?
      >>

      >> Thanks

      Mark