RE: [BPQ32] Does anybody else have bpq32 crashing?

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 9 1:05 PM

      Bill,

      I’m not aware of any problems specifically related to the Web Server. A problem was found in the APRS code that causes crashes if UIVIew is used as an IS Server, but it is possible there could also be problems if corrupt messages were received from APRS-IS.

      This should fix that problem - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/bpq32_5.2.7.6.zip

      For the record, this version has the fix for crashes caused by very long lines received by the Telnet Server – this mainly affects Outpost users, and corrects reporting of MARS stations to the WL2K maps.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 9 1:48 PM
        > I’m not aware of any problems specifically related to the Web Server. A
        > problem was found in the APRS code that causes crashes if UIVIew is used as
        > an IS Server, but it is possible there could also be problems if corrupt
        > messages were received from APRS-IS.
        >
        > This should fix that problem -
        > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/bpq32_5.2.7.6.zip

        Thanks John, I'll install it tonight and see what happens..

        Bill
      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 9 2:23 PM

          I been having crashes.. BPQAPRS for some reason.. Working long days and nights no time to troubleshoot…

          Ley me know if anyone finds any answers.. this is a bad time for crashes.. The next two Saturdays are vital to Indiana to gain any momentum and I cannot keep it running very long..

          I find it at least once a day crashed and nothing working…

          The 14th is a Hamfest I planned to demo at

          The 21st is a statewide test and I Will not be home to baby sit my bbs.. So I am on pins and needles on what to do.. Do I wait for a fix or revert to something else.. either permanently or until I have some time to troubleshoot..

          Never a good thing, a BBS that runs, it does not..

          73

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 10 12:40 PM

            > This should fix that problem -
            > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/bpq32_5.2.7.6.zip

            I tried 5.2.7.6 last night and this morning. Maybe better - maybe
            not. I still get

            ""instruction at "0x4206d2d0" referenced memory at "0xffffffffe2".
            The memory could not be "read".

            after a few minutes of the program running.

            I will be home tonight to experiment more and will try turning on the
            Term/http server on my laptop later this afternoon.

            73
            Bill - WA7NWP
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 10 1:15 PM
              Bill,

              0x4206d2d0 is in the 'C' runtime, not my code, which makes it much more difficult to track down, so if you can get a bit more info as to what might be causing it, it would help.

              Thanks,
              John

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 11 7:42 AM
                > 0x4206d2d0 is in the 'C' runtime, not my code, which makes it much more
                > difficult to track down, so if you can get a bit more info as to what might
                > be causing it, it would help.

                I ran all yesterday and it didn't crash... Only this was on 145.01
                and I copied very few packets... :(

                I switched to the continuous stream on 144.39 - CRASH...

                I completely turned off the TCP (httpport, tcpport, fbbport) 'port'
                section and restarted. A few minutes later - CRASH.

                So this morning, before making breakfast for my sweety I tried turning
                off the APRS section. That was over an hour ago and it's still
                running.

                Is there any way to feed a datafile of test packets to bpq32? If
                so, I could build a test of the recent packets and find out which are
                causing the problem..

                73
                Bill
              • David Ream
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 11 7:54 AM
                  Bill
                  I had that trouble in the past and it turned out to be Norton antivirus. Went to another software and have had no trouble since.
                  Dave W2EFC

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 11 5:11 PM
                    Bill

                    You can use the Import in the BPQMailChat, Actions, you will need
                    To add the Header SP or SB, TO and end the file with /ex
                    Just copy the file you want to import save it as messages.in Not .txt
                    Save it in the BPQ32\MailChat folder, not root directory, click
                    Import the message will be in your BBS.

                    For the record, myself and two others are testing a New BPQ32.EXE and
                    BPQ32.DLL
                    These give a more comprehensive report to Debug View, John is working on the
                    Problem, just be patient.

                    Also if running WinFbb 7.00e, g or I in the Port configuration, last page,
                    set the
                    MUX to 0.

                    Usually the program you start first will be the program that shows the fail,
                    but does not
                    Mean this is the program that is causing the problem.

                    Hope this helps a bit.

                    73

                    Mike-N9PMO

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 11 5:57 PM

                      The problem is aprs packets, not bbs messages....   My little asus eee doesn't have mailchat installed and probably never will as the use here is more of a packet switch, gateway and web resource server.....

                      On Jul 11, 2012, at 5:11 PM, "Mike Melnik" <mmelnik1@...> wrote:

                      Bill

                      You can use the Import in the BPQMailChat, Actions, you will need
                      To add the Header SP or SB, TO and end the file with /ex
                      Just copy the file you want to import save it as messages.in Not .txt
                      Save it in the BPQ32\MailChat folder, not root directory, click
                      Import the message will be in your BBS.

                      For the record, myself and two others are testing a New BPQ32.EXE and
                      BPQ32.DLL

                      Cool...  Thanks...

                    • Bill Vodall
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 12 10:58 AM
                        FYI - Still running on 144.39 with no problems...

                        Bill

                        On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 7:42 AM, Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...> wrote:
                        >> 0x4206d2d0 is in the 'C' runtime, not my code, which makes it much more
                        >> difficult to track down, so if you can get a bit more info as to what might
                        >> be causing it, it would help.
                        >
                        > I ran all yesterday and it didn't crash... Only this was on 145.01
                        > and I copied very few packets... :(
                        >
                        > I switched to the continuous stream on 144.39 - CRASH...
                        >
                        > I completely turned off the TCP (httpport, tcpport, fbbport) 'port'
                        > section and restarted. A few minutes later - CRASH.
                        >
                        > So this morning, before making breakfast for my sweety I tried turning
                        > off the APRS section. That was over an hour ago and it's still
                        > running.
                      • Jerry
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 12 5:10 PM

                          I am now home and off work.. Can you resend me those files and instructions to help find the issues here.. thanks JK