Telnet wont go

  • wavetel1
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
      Any hints on how to get Telnet working ? I used to use it a while back but its now a inbuilt Client so it seems the config for this is now in the BPQ32.cfg file.
      I cant Telnet into it and Ive also tried running the BPQTCP term on the same machine. It cant connect and throws a 10061 error.

      Here is my section of the config file

      ; New Telnet Section

      PORT
      ID=Telnet Server
      DRIVER=Telnet
      CONFIG

      LOGGING=0
      DisconnectOnClose=1
      TCPPORT=8010
      FBBPORT=8011
      HTTPPORT=8020
      LOGINPROMPT=user:
      PASSWORDPROMPT=password:
      MAXSESSIONS=3
      CMS=0

      CTEXT=Welcome to G8BPQ's Telnet Server\nEnter ? for list of commands\n\n

      USER=vk5ah,xxxxxx,vk5ah
      USER=admin,xxxxxxxx,vk5ah

      ENDPORT

      Thanks in advance Tony VK5AH
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
        Tony,

        Do you get any error mesages on the bpq32 console when you load the node?

        73, John

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
          John / Ken ..

          I got it. The errors in the console window gave it away. I pasted the Telnet Port config at the bottom of the config file and the last thing in the config file used to be the APRS setup. I wasnt thinking.
          So it now works fine by putting the Telnet Port section back up with the Ports. Is there a way of ending the APRS config section ? It starts with APRSDIGI but does not appear to have and end statement. Perhaps the APRS section allways has to be at the end of the config file.

          Also is there a way to get monitor traffic on the HTTP Port ? It works nicely with the TCP Term .
          Thanks again.

          Tony Hunt  VK5AH

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
            Tony

            The APRSDIG section should end with ****. If that is in place you should be able to put the APRSDIGI section anywhere in the ile.

            At the moment there is no way to get monitor info via the web server.

            73, John

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 5, 2012
              Tony

              Not sure if your question was answered, the error is Driver=Telnet

              PORT
              ID=TELNET
              TYPE=EXTERNAL
              DLLNAME=TELNET.DLL
              CONFIG
              CMS=1
              LOGGING=1
              DisconnectOnClose=1
              TCPPORT=8010
              FBBPORT=8011 8012 8013 4718
              HTTPPORT 81
              LOGINPROMPT=user:
              PASSWORDPROMPT=password:
              LOCALECHO=YES
              MAXSESSIONS=10

              Mike-N9PMO
              www.n9pmo.com
              BPQ32 Group Moderator

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 5, 2012
                Tony

                After I looked at John new Notes, I see he did change the command to
                DRIVER=Telnet,
                Tried it and works fine, sorry about throwing you off track.

                I did try the new BPQ32.DLL, it made a mess out of my BPQ32 and Programs
                Had to go back to the previous BPQ32.DLL

                Mike-N9PMO
[...]

              • jose garcia mercado xe1fh
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 5, 2012
                  -

                  To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 5, 2012
                  • 1 Attachment
                  • 16 KB
                  Jose, XE1FH

                  Your Text did not come threw, this usually is when you have the E-Mail set
                  for HTTP:

                  Tony
                  Are you running a Software Firewall like Zonealarm or Outpost 10061 is
                  connection refused.

                  Try it with the DOS command window, telnet 127.0.0.1 8010 if on the same
                  machine as BPQ Telnet Server

                  Mike-N9PMO

                  Message 9 of 9 , Jul 8, 2012
                    Thanks,

                    And yes I thought I replied to John and Ken on 3/7/12 . Ive got the Telnet functions going now ok .. Working on the http server when I get a chance but not getting anywhere with the APRS section of this server although the rest works ok.

                    Tony VK5AH