Re: [BPQ32] Re: Winmor TNC Whack-a-Mole (Outpost Issue?)

  • Ken Jacobs
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 1, 2012
      I confirmed that long lines from Outpost were crashing BPQ as well. The new code seems to have fixed the long lines from Outpost. I tested a msg with almost 3k in a single line with no crash.

      Ken

      On 07/01/2012 02:07 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

      Thanks, Steve.

      That is encouraging. Can you try this? - it should fix the problem with long lines.

      Remember bpq32.dll goes in the system32 folder.

      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 2, 2012
        John (and Ken),

        It works here also. I took the offending message from before and no issues after installing the new dll file.

        Thanks so much,
        Steve KB1TCE

        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 6, 2012
          The BPQ32.dll I uploaded last week was not built correctly, and may cause stability problems with some confgurations. If you installed it. plese replace with this:

          73, John

          That is encouraging. Can you try this? - it should fix the problem with long lines.

          Remember bpq32.dll goes in the system32 folder.

          Well John, we're now thinking that's it.

          We checked one of the messages from our "crasher" and it consisted of two lines. The second line by itself was about 500 words and 1000 bytes.

          That message was crashing W0ECM's local BPQ32 when sending from Outpost. He had received it ok (by HF/Winmor) but when he tried to forward it to me he got the crash. He then inserted a pile of carriage returns and everything went fine.

          We were fooling ourselves with the brief test messages on Outpost 2.4 because we didn't have messages that contained the real problem.

          Hopefully that's it as far as the diagnosis goes. I would be quite willing to try your test version that addresses this.

          73,
          Steve KB1TCE

          > I recently found an error in the
          Telnet code which could cause a problem
          > with sending messages from
          Outpost with a very long list of TO calls (around
          > 30, depending on the
          length of each address). It could also cause problems
          > with very long
          lines (greater than 500 or so bytes) in the message body. If
          > either
          could apply in your case I can send you a test version to see if it

          fixes the problem.

        • Steve
          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 6, 2012
            John,

            I had one crash shortly after installing the new dll but it's been ok since (1 week and counting). It also helps that the telnet users have gotten some carriage return religion.

            I'll install the new dll today.

            Thanks again,
            Steve KB1TCE

            On 7/6/2012 6:20 AM, John Wiseman wrote:

            The BPQ32.dll I uploaded last week was not built correctly, and may cause stability problems with some confgurations. If you installed it. plese replace with this:

            73, John

            That is encouraging. Can you try this? - it should fix the problem with long lines.

            Remember bpq32.dll goes in the system32 folder.

            Well John, we're now thinking that's it.

            We checked one of the messages from our "crasher" and it consisted of two lines. The second line by itself was about 500 words and 1000 bytes.

            That message was crashing W0ECM's local BPQ32 when sending from Outpost. He had received it ok (by HF/Winmor) but when he tried to forward it to me he got the crash. He then inserted a pile of carriage returns and everything went fine.

            We were fooling ourselves with the brief test messages on Outpost 2.4 because we didn't have messages that contained the real problem.

            Hopefully that's it as far as the diagnosis goes. I would be quite willing to try your test version that addresses this.

            73,
            Steve KB1TCE

            > I recently found an error in the Telnet code which could cause a problem
            > with sending messages from Outpost with a very long list of TO calls (around
            > 30, depending on the length of each address). It could also cause problems
            > with very long lines (greater than 500 or so bytes) in the message body. If
            > either could apply in your case I can send you a test version to see if it
            > fixes the problem.

          • Steve