Losing messages.

  • bolt637
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2012
      Howdy. In my first run of mailchat I was trying to
      import messages from a .EXP file, and was having
      trouble with all but 7 of the messages disappearing, and
      the last 7 being displayed corrupted in the bbs. I got rid of
      all messages and started with a fresh dirmes.sys and wfbid.sys.
      I connected to a forwarding partner and got 5 messages, and all
      5 were reported as being ready for my other forwarding
      partners. After closing the bbs though, the 5 messages
      disappeared on restart. The dirmes.sys had no entries, but
      dirmes backup file shows the 5. There are 5 .MES files in the
      mail directory, and 5 bids in wfbid.

      My bpq setup is in a folder d:\Abpq32 and D is a 2 gig fat16 partition
      on harddrive 1. My OS is vista 64bit on a 40 gig NTFS as C:\.

      The path in the configuration for mailchat shows
      the proper D:\Abpq32\BPQMailChat and the main .exe is in
      abpq32. It used to be in bpqmailchat folder but the most recent
      installer moved it to Abpq32.

      I just can't figure out what may be happening with my
      setup. Any help much appreciated.

      Steven - N1OHX
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2012

        Stephen,

        When you shut down the BBS after receiving the 5 messages, were the messages in dirmes.sys? I need to know if the messages are not being saved correctly, or being lost on restart. If the latter, could you send me (off list) the dirmess.sys before restarting, and a copy of the message files, and I’ll try running it here.

        I don’t know of anyone using 64 bit Vista , but the code works on 64 bit WIN7, and there isn’t anything in the file handling that should be affected by the OS version.

        Thanks,

        John