Dirmes.sys corruption?

  • bolt637
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2012
      Howdy. I am migrating over to vista64
      and since it doesnt support an NTDVM I need
      to finally retire my old WinFBB. I got bpq
      mailchat up and running okay, and incoming forwards go
      quite well. But I need to move my winfbb bulls over,
      so I make an export file with WinFBB. I can import
      them okay into MailChat, it shows 200 some odd
      messages and shows them queued up for my forwarding
      partners. If the close the bbs though, the next time
      I restart it will be at 7 messages. dirmes.sys
      goes from 54k to 2k, and when I do a message listing
      in the bbs console the output is gibberish.

      I am running the lates 2012-6-08 version.

      Any Ideas?

      Steven - N1OHX
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2012
        Steven,

        Under Viata and Win7 you need to make sure that the BPQ32 data folder is
        somewhere that a normal user can write to - not under Program Files.
        Although if that is the problem, I'm surprised you even get a 2K file.

        It doesn't sound like you are trying to, but just to be clear, the
        BPQMailChat Dirmes.sys isn't compatible with the FBB file - you can't copy
        the FBB file to BPQ.

        Apart from that, no ideas!