.cfg file

  • Daryll Webb
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012
      Howdy
      I am using the last release. I have the cfg file from a working pc to install on lpt for testing.
      Where and how do I get the cfg file I have into bpq on my lpt?
      All I see now is one port loop back.
    • N9ACQ
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012

        Daryll

                        What OS? For W7 it is in l(logon id) Update Roaming. Vista and earlier in the BPQ install directory.

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012
          Daryll

          Examples are in the BPQ32 folder, examples folder

          C:\Program Files\BPQ32\Examples\Large_without_AGWPE

          If you need help, let me know.

          73

          Mike-N9PMO
          www.n9pmo.com
          BPQ32 Moderator

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012

            Daryll,

            The easiest way to find the location of the config file is to click Start/All Progams/BPQ32/View Configuration Folder. That will open your config folder, and you can copy your bpq32.cfg to it.

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012
              Sorry Daryll, I misunderstood, just follow John's instructions, the
              bpq32.cfg
              Will be high lighted.

              Mike-N9PMO

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012
                Thanks Bill and Mike
                Os is xp sp3   bpq console v 5.2.7.1
                The earlyer versions let me copy/paste or edit cfg    But I can not find the cfg file to paste my working cfg into.
                The console said the cfg that it is using is in c:\documents and settings\buster\application data\bpq32\bpq32.cfg
                I made it to c:\documents and settings\buster\   but application data folder is not there so I can go no further.
                When I go to program files and bring up bpq - view configuration folder it will show me

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012

                  Daryll

                  You only need to add the bpq32.cfg to the folder that is opened, not another folder.

                  John

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012
                    That did it  but I have some errors with the new cfg  so will try it with the old one.
                    thanks for all the help.  I think when I saved the old cfg file it was a txt instead of cfg.    when I seen it I changed and it at least read it    did not egg nor the file.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012
                      out standing   the working cfg file works ok    Now I get to work on a cfg that will work with pk-232 and pactor.
                      My first try did not go so good.  I did try to use the info on the web site so will try again.
                      Thanks to all that helped     may need some more hi hi
                      kg9nd

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012
                        Update
                        The program likes the cfg   no errors.    I still can not get the pk232 and or radio to key.  Family reunion this after noon so more later.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012
                             I  can key the radio via pk232 using rmsexp. So it must  be in the bpq set up.  Will keep looking.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012
                            There were no examples in the example folder of the program so I used the

                            AEA Pactor Driver for BPQ32 switch   Page

                            When I put the before commands in it made errors when it loaded. every before the config commands made errors so I removed them and the program likes the cfg now, but still no send light on the pk232 and no tx on radio.

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012
                              Daryll,
                              I use the PK232 with Pactor I for one of my AF Mars channels. I am including my port setup from my config file. I have the INTERLOCK command because it also shares the channel with Winmor.
                              Hope this helps.
                              GL and 73
                              Dave WB2HVF
                              PORT
                               PORTNUM=5
                               ID=Pactor
                               PORTCALL=AFC2MC
                               INTERLOCK=1
                               TYPE=EXTERNAL
                               PROTOCOL=PACTOR
                               IOADDR=1  ;             COM Port Address (Note this is in hex, so for COM20 enter 14
                               SPEED=9600   ;          COM Port Speed
                               DLLNAME=AEAPactor.dll
                               QUALITY=0;              Can't Run NETROM on Pactor Ports
                               CONFIG
                                APPL BBS
                              PARITY 0
                              8BITCONV ON
                              ACRRTTY 0
                              ARQT 45 ; Connect Timeout
                              AUTOBAUD OFF
                              CONMODE TRANS; Required for binary transmission
                              FLOW OFF; disable FLOW
                              RXREV OFF

                              ENDPORT

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012
                                One more thing Daryll, try setting the baud rate and MYCALL on the PK232
                                with a dumb term such as Hyperterm before starting BPQ.
                                73
                                Dave WB2HVF