RE: [BPQ32] Re: WinFBB beacon control

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 27, 2007

      HI Charles

      Ok this setting will send a beacon on BPQ Port 1

      First go to Start then click on Run,

      Next type regedit click ok

      Click on the Plus mark next to my computer, this will expand the registry,

      Click on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

      Expand the Software Key,

      Next expand the GB8BPQ

      Right Click on the BPQ32, this will open a drop down window, go to New and Left click on DWORD,

      You will now see a new entry in the right window pane, type FBBUIMask, next click on any where in the window to

      Add this DWORD.

      Next RIGHT Click on the new DWORD icon select Modify, a Small window will open there should be two selections

      Hexadecimal and Decimal, select Decimal enter 1 again click on any part of the window.

      Close the Registry Editor and restart you’re WinFbb and you will be set.

      What I find about writers of program is they assume you know how to reform these tasks and leave out the full instructions.

      In the future if you need to change the beacon ports here is the easy way to figure it out,

      Open the BPQ Folder run the BPQTerminal.exe click on the Monitor and select the port or ports you want your Beacon to

      Go out on, open the registry as before click on but this time the BPQTerminal/sessions look at the Port Mask

      Then enter the same in the FBBUIMask.

      Feel free to contact me direct by E-Mail for any help.

      Mike Melnik
      E-Mails Scanned By Symantec Corporate A/V