Baycom TNC sources

  • AFN1LE
    Message 1 of 5 , May 18, 2012
      www.tigertronics.com ...scroll down on the list to the BP-2 You do not need the BP-2A which handles some HF modes, too, if you are only wanting VHF packet.
    • Andre
      Message 2 of 5 , May 19, 2012
        On Sat, 19 May 2012 05:51:32 +0200, AFN1LE <afa1bu@...> wrote:

        > www.tigertronics.com ...scroll down on the list to the BP-2 You do not
        > need the BP-2A which handles some HF modes, too, if you are only wanting
        > VHF packet.

        Not to be negative but why do you call it a TNC?, the baycom modem is only
        a modem, it spits the onair bitstream directly out to the serial port and
        does not work wel on windows XP and higher, works perfectly on linux dos
        and lower windows versions allowing direct access to the serial port.
        btw to avoid disapointment, the original 1200 baud chip tmc3105 has been
        out of production for decades.

        --
        73 Andre PE1RDW
        Message 3 of 5 , May 19, 2012
          Hi,

          A new version of the WINMOR TNC has been released. It can be downloaded from
          the WINMOR Yahoo group, or here -

          http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/WINMOR%20TNC%201.4.1.0.zi

          John G8BPQ

          This is the information provided by Rick:

          All,

          I have uploaded a minor update to the files directory. The WINMOR TNC
          1.4.1.0.zip file contains the updated WINMOR TNC and all DLLs used. This
          also includes all important documentation for developers on how to use the
          WINMOR TNC.exe program. If you are using an application that already
          distributes the WINMOR TNC (e.g. RMS Express, RMS WINMOR, RMS Trimode,
          BPQ32, etc. ) you do not need to download the zip as future releases of
          those programs will include the changes and there are no compatibility
          issues with the current 1.4.0.0 version.

          The changes from 1.4.0.0 are minor but I did include an option to switch the
          waterfall display to a spectrum display or to disable it entirely. For those
          with slow PCs and/or small RAM disabling the display may help. Also for
          those few with problems with specific graphics chip sets/drivers which cause
          a random "freeze" of the waterfall disabling the display may make the
          application more reliable. Sometimes updating the Windows graphics driver
          can fix this problem.

          I am continuing on other enhancements to improve the sensitivity and
          robustness of the WINMOR TNC modem. I have also completed testing the
          WINMOR TNC on the newer radios with built in USB sound cards ( Kenwood
          TS-590S, IC-7200, IC-7600 ). These work very well, are a breeze to set up (
          no external sound card or interface required, one USB cable!) and eliminate
          one of the more common problems with sound card modes.... Getting RF into
          the audio.

          73,

          Rick KN6KB
          Message 4 of 5 , May 19, 2012
            All,

            Just to be clear, the Baycom serial port modem is not supported by BPQ32,
            although it is by DOS BPQCODE.

            My understanding is that it only works with real (not USB) serial ports,
            which is a significant problem with modern machines. Although I have
            considered producing a driver for modern (XP and above) version of Windows,
            the lack of real serial ports on any of my machines has put me off.

            > need the BP-2A which handles some HF modes, too, if you are only wanting
            > VHF packet.

            Not to be negative but why do you call it a TNC?, the baycom modem is only
            a modem, it spits the onair bitstream directly out to the serial port and
            does not work wel on windows XP and higher, works perfectly on linux dos
            and lower windows versions allowing direct access to the serial port.
            btw to avoid disapointment, the original 1200 baud chip tmc3105 has been
            out of production for decades.

            --
            73 Andre PE1RDW

          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 5 , May 19, 2012

              Hi John thanks for heads up.. I have dled it and will install shortly…. 73 jerry