Re-read BPQ32.CFG

  • Joel Yates
    Message 1 of 8 , May 18, 2012
      Hello Everyone, Is anyone else having problems with...when you edit BPQ32.CFG live on the fly with BPQ running...
      And then tell BPQ to reread the config file...Everything locks up BPQ32 wise and you have to reboot the computer.
      ...73's...Joel N4JOA
      Joel Yates
      yate4899@...
    • K.O. Higgs
      Message 2 of 8 , May 18, 2012
        Nope, not here..

        K.O. n0kfq

        --

        K.O. Higgs
        n0kfq@...

        Message 3 of 8 , May 18, 2012
          Same here Joel, 100% of the time I do a re-read bpq32.cfg BPQ32 will crash,
          It may not happen right a way but it will crash, tried two different
          Computers also.

          Mike-N9PMO
          Message 4 of 8 , May 20, 2012
            I always shut it down and restart and never had a problem. How are you telling it to reread?

            73
            Jim
            KC4BQK

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Joel Yates <yate4899@...> wrote:

            > Hello Everyone, Is anyone else having problems with...when you edit
            > BPQ32.CFG live on the fly with BPQ running...
            > And then tell BPQ to reread the config file...Everything locks up BPQ32
            > wise and you have to reboot the computer.
            > ...73's...Joel N4JOA
            > Joel Yates
            > yate4899@...

          • Joel Yates
            Message 5 of 8 , May 20, 2012
              That is one of the options in BPQ32 console pull down menu.
              ... 73's Joel N4JOA
              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

              Message 6 of 8 , May 20, 2012
              Jim

              Click on the Yellow ICON bottom right of window near windows clock, click on
              BPQ32 Console, This will open
              The MDI window (several windows inside of the console window) you may need
              to maximize, then go to go
              to BPQ32 Window option Tile.

              Then select BPQ32.DLL Console Version x.x.x.x now you will have two
              selections, Window & Actions
              Click on the Actions, Save Node, re-read bpq32.cfg, this is where Joel
              myself and a couple others have
              A problem, in my case it will cause BPQ32 to fail and BPQ programs to stop
              responding, it may not
              Happen right a way, but 100% it will fail, I then need to shut down all
              programs used by BPQ32 via
              The task manager, then restart.

              Now each window inside of the MDI (Multiple Document Interface window) when
              select you can re-read
              Config, AXIP Resolver, APRS Config, Telnet config, I never have a problem
              with them.

              I use the latest tester's version of bpq32.dll to solve WL2K reporting
              Version, 5.2.6.4

              Mike-N9PMO

              <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , Joel Yates <yate4899@...> wrote:

              > Hello Everyone, Is anyone else having problems with...when
              you edit
              > BPQ32.CFG live on the fly with BPQ running...
              > And then tell BPQ to reread the config file...Everything
              locks up BPQ32
              > wise and you have to reboot the computer.
              > ...73's...Joel N4JOA
              > Joel Yates
              > yate4899@...

            • Dave Webb
              Message 7 of 8 , May 20, 2012
                Both methods work ok for me.
                Dave
                WB2HVF

                On 5/20/2012 8:39 AM, Joel Yates wrote:

                That is one of the options in BPQ32 console pull down menu.
                ... 73's Joel N4JOA
                Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                I always shut it down and restart and never had a problem. How are you telling it to reread?

                73
                Jim
                KC4BQK

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Joel Yates <yate4899@...> wrote:

                > Hello Everyone, Is anyone else having problems with...when you edit
                > BPQ32.CFG live on the fly with BPQ running...
                > And then tell BPQ to reread the config file...Everything locks up BPQ32
                > wise and you have to reboot the computer.
                > ...73's...Joel N4JOA
                > Joel Yates
                > yate4899@...

              • Ken Jacobs