Re: English.ent

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 24, 2007
      Hi Mike
      I downloaded the English.zip and put those in the Lang Folder
      i have got:
      English setup (bbs information file)
      English.txt
      English.Ent
      i will save Ent as a blank file.
      while i'm here i have one major problem with fbb32 7.01-35 alpha
      Winfbb.exe gives me a microsoft error report and i have to shut
      fbb32 down,it open happens when the bbs has to start forwarding via
      telnet to GB7CIP.i have checked the port2 settings and they all
      seem to be correct.
      any ideas Mike.
      73 de Ken
      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "MIchael Melnik Sr." <mmelnik1@...>
      wrote:

      > Ken
      >
      > I think you are refering to the English.inf this is your System
      > information File,
      > in the Files sections under WinFBB701 Setup there is a English.zip
      > eg (english.txt)
      > the english.ent is in the LANG Folder of 7.01A, I use the
      engish.txt
      > and delete the entry in te english.ent save as a blank file, if you
      > need the english.inf let me know, i will get a copy to you.
      >
      > Mike/N9PMO
      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Ken " <g7vja@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All
      > > I have got Winfbb32 7.01-35 Alpha running now on the 533mhz PC
      > > it seems to be holding up so far.
      > > Just one question at the moment.
      > > Can the English.Ent file be edited.
      > > tnx & 73
      > > de Ken
      > > G7VJA

    • abertheaume
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 25, 2007
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Ken " <g7vja@...> wrote:

        > Hi All
        > I have got Winfbb32 7.01-35 Alpha running now on the 533mhz PC
        > it seems to be holding up so far.
        > Just one question at the moment.
        > Can the English.Ent file be edited.
        > tnx & 73
        > de Ken
        > G7VJA

        Hello Ken and group,
        Regarding your question if the English.ent file can be edited. Yes
        it can with any text editor, just be sure your saved work does not
        append a .txt file extention to your saved work. The file is then
        placed in the Lang folder. Its function is sort of a
        welcoming "splash" screen when users sign into your BBS.
        73
        Art, N9ZZK
      • Ken
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 25, 2007
          Hello Art
          tnx for your reply re:English.Ent
          i have deleted all the text that came with the file and saved it with nothing in it
          it popped up everytime someone connected to the bbs
          best 73 Art
          de Ken
          g7vja

          e_mail me at anytime i check my mail every day
          and i will reply as soon as possible
          have a nice day
          Ken de g7vja\mb7ufo
          http://www.qsl.net/mb7ufo

        • Roger Cooke
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 26, 2007
            Hi Ken.

              I use ENGLISH.ENT as a sort of Quips server. If there is an announcement I wish to make to users, stick it in there. Quips will not work, just another server I cannot get to work with this version!

            73 de Roger, G3LDI

            Ken <g7vja@...> wrote:
            Hi All
            I have got Winfbb32 7.01-35 Alpha running now on the 533mhz PC
            it seems to be holding up so far.
            Just one question at the moment.
            Can the English.Ent file be edited.
            tnx & 73
            de Ken
            G7VJA

            Regards from Roger, G3LDI
            Swardeston, Norfolk.

          • Ken
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 26, 2007
              Hello Roger
              What i have done is empty all the text from the Ent file and saved it with nothing in it
              good idea to use it for announcements (got our xmas get together on dec5th).
              talking of servers,on my test 200mhz PC i have five servers,
              ie: REDIST,REQCFG,WP,REQDIR,REQFIL.
              On the 533mhz PC which the bbs is now running -35, only have three servers
              REDIST,REQCFG,WP.is there something i may have forgot to tick in the setup..
              are there any other servers that work with 7.01-35
              73 de Ken