Re: New version of bpqded16.dll and bpqded32.dll uploaded

  • MIchael Melnik Sr.
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 24, 2007
      Thanks John,

      I had to make some changes for the Kantronics TNC'S and Monitoring
      is working fine on the 16Bit and 32 Bit 7.00E.

      Mike/N9PMO

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...>
      wrote:

      > Ok, Mike.
      >
      > Check that your inittnc1.sys file enables monitoring - mine
      contains:

      > # INITTNC for WA8DED interface
      >
      > O 4
      >
      > C MAIL
      >
      > T 50
      >
      > U 0
      >
      > N 10
      >
      > M IUSC
      >
      > I'm not sure which lines are essential, but without the M IUSC line
      > monitoring is disabled.

      Behalf Of
      > MIchael Melnik Sr.
      > Sent: 24 November 2007 13:12
      > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: New version of bpqded16.dll and bpqded32.dll
      > uploaded
      >

      > Thanks John for the response, yes i did rename the bpqded32.dll to
      > tfwin32.dll for the 32 bit 7.00E, when you Run FBB it does run
      > BPQ32.EXE but no monitoring takes place in the FBB Monitor Window,
      > only in the BPQ Terminal window.
      >
      > Mike/N9PMO
      >
      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
      com, "John
      > Wiseman" <john.wiseman@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > If you are using the 16 bit version of WFBB 7.00, you need
      > bpqded16.dll
      > > renamed to tfwin.dll, and a copy of bpqded32.dll.
      > >
      > > If you are using the 32 bit version of WFBB 7.00, you need
      > bpqded32.dll
      > > renamed to tfwin32.dll.
      > >
      > > The only 16 bit version I've tried is V7.00g25.
      > >
      > > The date is correct - I modified this at the end of last year,
      but
      > > didn't get round to releasing it.
      > >
      > > 73,
      > > John

      On
      > Behalf Of
      > > MIchael Melnik Sr.
      > > Sent: 23 November 2007 23:39
      > > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
      > > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: New version of bpqded16.dll and bpqded32.dll
      > > uploaded
      > >

      > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
      > com, "John
      > > Wiseman" <john.wiseman@> wrote:
      > > > John G8BPQ
      > > Does the BPQDED32.DLL (renamed TFWIN32dll) allow for monitoring
      in
      > > 7.00E? or do you use the BPQDED16.DLL? the date of the
      > BPQDED32.DLL is
      > > 2006 version 1,0,0,1
      > >
      > > > I've just uploaded a new version of my DEDHOST emulation
      > routines.
      > > > These allow programs that use DED host mode (eg Wfbb16,
      Wfbb32,
      > > > TSTHWIN) to use BPQ32.
      > > >
      > > > This version enables monitoring, and fixes a delay on startup
      > with
      > > > wfbb16 and wfbb32.
      > > >
      > > > I suggest that if you are running wfbb.exe, you set up a
      > shortcut,
      > > and
      > > > set the option "Run in separate memory space". This will
      ensure
      > that
      > > > the interface is closed tidily when fbb is shut down.
      > > >
      > > > 73,
      > > > John G8BPQ

    • K.O. Higgs
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 24, 2007
        Mike, what does the Kantronics file look like??

        73, K.O. N0KFQ

        --

        K.O. Higgs
        n0kfq@...
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 25, 2007
          Hi K.O

          Long time no hear, i haven't added my Kantronics 9612 so this may
          very as i know you are running a couple of KamPlus, here is what i
          used,
          M ON
          MCON ON
          PID ON
          U MAIL
          HID OFF
          MCOM OFF

          How ever the standard settins like John sent me works ok too, i do
          notice that the Monitor window of 7.00E or the 16 Bit version does
          NOT show the Beacon, in trying the 16 Bit as i thought would happen,
          it was using 98% of the processor where 7.00E ran at 6% on XP, i
          suspect that the 16 bit is NOT running compleatly in the Windows
          inviroment.

          I am using only one BPQ port for the two ports in BPQ, i hope to
          have more time today to add all my TNC'S and see what happens.

          Mike/N9PMO

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "K.O. Higgs" <n0kfq@...> wrote:

          > Mike, what does the Kantronics file look like??
          >
          > 73, K.O. N0KFQ
          >
          > MIchael Melnik Sr. wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks John,
          > >
          > > I had to make some changes for the Kantronics TNC'S and
          Monitoring
          > > is working fine on the 16Bit and 32 Bit 7.00E.
          > >
          > > Mike/N9PMO
          > >
          > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%
          40yahoogroups.com>, "John
          > > Wiseman" <john.wiseman@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Ok, Mike.
          > > >
          > > > Check that your inittnc1.sys file enables monitoring - mine
          > > contains:
          > > >
          > > > # INITTNC for WA8DED interface
          > > >
          > > > O 4
          > > >
          > > > C MAIL
          > > >
          > > > T 50
          > > >
          > > > U 0
          > > >
          > > > N 10
          > > >
          > > > M IUSC
          > > >
          > > > I'm not sure which lines are essential, but without the M IUSC
          line
          > > > monitoring is disabled.
          > > >
          > > > 73,
          > > >
          > > > John

        • K.O. Higgs
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 25, 2007
            Thanks, Mike. After Christmas I intend to start up my "experimental"
            station again. I want to look into running BPQ32 with WinFBB7.00i. Will
            stay in touch.

            73, K.O. N0KFQ

            --

            K.O. Higgs
            n0kfq@...
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 29, 2007
              A problem has been found when running housekeeping with WFBB32.EXE.
              I've just uploaded a new bpqded.zip that contains a fixed bpqded32.dll.
              I recommend you upgrade, even if you are not seeing the housekeeping
              problem, as it could appear in other circumstances

              Regards,
              John G8BPQ