Re: [BPQ32] housekeeping error

  • Mark Milburn
    Message 1 of 9 , May 3, 2012
      John, I did, but then the error message just switched to
      tell me it couldn't rename to message no 2.  So......
      I deleted the whole mail folder and just started over.
      I also increased the maximum messages to 30,000.
      That should take care of me for a long time, since the
      problem is just when you reach the maximum number
      of messages.
      Thanks.
      Mark

      Message 2 of 9 , May 5, 2012
        I do use housekeeping, Mike, but what seems to be happening is that
        the daily housekeeping routine only deletes from the mailbox...and not from
        the Mail folder.  So of course my mailbox works great but the mail folder
        just keeps getting larger and larger and then when I reach the maximum number
        of messages, it tries to renumber but can't because the old messages
        have never been flushed from the mail folder, even though it is gone from
        the mailbox.

        Is that a flaw in the program....or am I just setting something wrong?

        Or have you ever run into that?