RE: [BPQ32] housekeeping error

    Message 1 of 9 , May 3, 2012

      Mark,

      Did you delete the message files (ie m_00001.mes, etc)?

      John

      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2012
        John, I did, but then the error message just switched to
        tell me it couldn't rename to message no 2.  So......
        I deleted the whole mail folder and just started over.
        I also increased the maximum messages to 30,000.
        That should take care of me for a long time, since the
        problem is just when you reach the maximum number
        of messages.
        Thanks.

        Message 3 of 9 , May 5, 2012
          I do use housekeeping, Mike, but what seems to be happening is that
          the daily housekeeping routine only deletes from the mailbox...and not from
          the Mail folder.  So of course my mailbox works great but the mail folder
          just keeps getting larger and larger and then when I reach the maximum number
          of messages, it tries to renumber but can't because the old messages
          have never been flushed from the mail folder, even though it is gone from
          the mailbox.

          Is that a flaw in the program....or am I just setting something wrong?

          Or have you ever run into that?