English.ent

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 24, 2007
      Hi All
      I have got Winfbb32 7.01-35 Alpha running now on the 533mhz PC
      it seems to be holding up so far.
      Just one question at the moment.
      Can the English.Ent file be edited.
      tnx & 73
      de Ken
      G7VJA
    • MIchael Melnik Sr.
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 24, 2007
        Ken

        I think you are refering to the English.inf this is your System
        information File,
        in the Files sections under WinFBB701 Setup there is a English.zip
        eg (english.txt)
        the english.ent is in the LANG Folder of 7.01A, I use the engish.txt
        and delete the entry in te english.ent save as a blank file, if you
        need the english.inf let me know, i will get a copy to you.

        Mike/N9PMO
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Ken " <g7vja@...> wrote:

        > Hi All
        > I have got Winfbb32 7.01-35 Alpha running now on the 533mhz PC
        > it seems to be holding up so far.
        > Just one question at the moment.
        > Can the English.Ent file be edited.
        > tnx & 73
        > de Ken
        > G7VJA

      • Ken
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 24, 2007
          Hi Mike
          I downloaded the English.zip and put those in the Lang Folder
          i have got:
          English setup (bbs information file)
          English.txt
          English.Ent
          i will save Ent as a blank file.
          while i'm here i have one major problem with fbb32 7.01-35 alpha
          Winfbb.exe gives me a microsoft error report and i have to shut
          fbb32 down,it open happens when the bbs has to start forwarding via
          telnet to GB7CIP.i have checked the port2 settings and they all
          seem to be correct.
          any ideas Mike.
          73 de Ken
          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "MIchael Melnik Sr." <mmelnik1@...>
          wrote:

          > Ken
          >
          > I think you are refering to the English.inf this is your System
          > information File,
          > in the Files sections under WinFBB701 Setup there is a English.zip
          > eg (english.txt)
          > the english.ent is in the LANG Folder of 7.01A, I use the
          engish.txt
          > and delete the entry in te english.ent save as a blank file, if you
          > need the english.inf let me know, i will get a copy to you.
          >
          > Mike/N9PMO
          > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Ken " <g7vja@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi All
          > > I have got Winfbb32 7.01-35 Alpha running now on the 533mhz PC
          > > it seems to be holding up so far.
          > > Just one question at the moment.
          > > Can the English.Ent file be edited.
          > > tnx & 73
          > > de Ken
          > > G7VJA

        • abertheaume
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 25, 2007
            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Ken " <g7vja@...> wrote:

            > Hi All
            > I have got Winfbb32 7.01-35 Alpha running now on the 533mhz PC
            > it seems to be holding up so far.
            > Just one question at the moment.
            > Can the English.Ent file be edited.
            > tnx & 73
            > de Ken
            > G7VJA

            Hello Ken and group,
            Regarding your question if the English.ent file can be edited. Yes
            it can with any text editor, just be sure your saved work does not
            append a .txt file extention to your saved work. The file is then
            placed in the Lang folder. Its function is sort of a
            welcoming "splash" screen when users sign into your BBS.
            73
            Art, N9ZZK
          • Ken
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 25, 2007
              Hello Art
              tnx for your reply re:English.Ent
              i have deleted all the text that came with the file and saved it with nothing in it
              it popped up everytime someone connected to the bbs
              best 73 Art
              de Ken
              g7vja

              e_mail me at anytime i check my mail every day
              and i will reply as soon as possible
              have a nice day
              Ken de g7vja\mb7ufo
              http://www.qsl.net/mb7ufo

            • Roger Cooke
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 26, 2007
                Hi Ken.

                  I use ENGLISH.ENT as a sort of Quips server. If there is an announcement I wish to make to users, stick it in there. Quips will not work, just another server I cannot get to work with this version!

                73 de Roger, G3LDI

                Ken <g7vja@...> wrote:
                Hi All
                I have got Winfbb32 7.01-35 Alpha running now on the 533mhz PC
                it seems to be holding up so far.
                Just one question at the moment.
                Can the English.Ent file be edited.
                tnx & 73
                de Ken
                G7VJA

                Regards from Roger, G3LDI
                Swardeston, Norfolk.

              • Ken
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 26, 2007
                  Hello Roger
                  What i have done is empty all the text from the Ent file and saved it with nothing in it
                  good idea to use it for announcements (got our xmas get together on dec5th).
                  talking of servers,on my test 200mhz PC i have five servers,
                  ie: REDIST,REQCFG,WP,REQDIR,REQFIL.
                  On the 533mhz PC which the bbs is now running -35, only have three servers
                  REDIST,REQCFG,WP.is there something i may have forgot to tick in the setup..
                  are there any other servers that work with 7.01-35
                  73 de Ken