Re: [BPQ32] Re: Packet

  • Bill Vodall
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012
      On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Shawn Bush <yochanan1975@...> wrote:

      > I am ordering a USB Soundcard and plan on using the soundcard program. I
      > was told I needed to install AGWPE also and use the bpqtoagw program.
      >
      > Could someone point me in the right direction.

      If you want to do 'packet' with BPQ32, I'd suggest the new UZ7HO
      soundcard modem. I've been running it on HF for a couple weeks and
      plan to add 1200 VHF asap.

      The download page: http://uz7.ho.ua/index.php?lang=eng&id=4

      Interfacing with BPQ32:
      http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/UZ7HODriver.htm

      73
      Bill - WA7NWP
    • Rick Muething
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012
        Bill, John, All

        Can someone point me to a cookbook setup procedure for setting up BPQ for operating WINMOR with AirMail?  It would be good to have such a document or link handy to help answer questions.

        Thanks,

        Rick Muething, KN6KB
      • N9ACQ
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012

          Rick

                          The BPQ help system mentions how to use Airmail as a BOQ client. BPQ can use WINMOT so by their method so can Airmail. The same method cal\n also be applied to Paclink, which I have done. I can send you my BPQ32.cfg file to help you get started in this project.

          73 Bill

          N9ACQ

        • Rick Muething
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012
            Thanks Bill,
            Yes please send the file and I’ll use it to get familiar with the process.

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012

              Rick

                              Sent direct I you.

              73 Bill

              N9ACQ

            • Ken Jacobs
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012
                Hi Rick....

                WA7RF wrote up a set of instructions quite a while back....

                http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/AirmailtoWINMOR.htm

                They may be a little dated, but a good starting place for running Winmor with Airmail, using BPQ.

                Ken KD6PGI

                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012

                  I am ordering a USB Soundcard and plan on using the soundcard program. I was told I needed to install AGWPE also and use the bpqtoagw program.

                  Could someone point me in the right direction.

                  73's
                  Shawn Bush

                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012
                    These instructions are pretty much up to date, although there is now an option for running on 64 bit Windows systems without using 3rd party software. I'll update it asap.

                                    The BPQ help system mentions how to use Airmail as a BOQ client. BPQ can use WINMOT so by their method so can Airmail. The same method cal\n also be applied to Paclink, which I have done. I can send you my BPQ32.cfg file to help you get started in this project.

                    73 Bill

                    N9ACQ

                  • bolt637
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 26, 2012
                      Here you go Rick. This is very detailed yet simple
                      and it got me on the air first try.

                      http://www.lincares.org/Airmail-WINMOR.htm