RE: [BPQ32] Re: Packet

  • N9ACQ
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012

      Shawn

                      It depends in which mode you intend to use. WINMOR sets up different from Packet. Sound cars are not the best idea for packet. For a single TNC replacement I would suggest Sound Modem for 1200 B. See the Example BPW32.cfg files, as well as the HELP section.

      73 Bill

      N9ACQ

    • Bill Vodall
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012
        On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Shawn Bush <yochanan1975@...> wrote:

        > I am ordering a USB Soundcard and plan on using the soundcard program. I
        > was told I needed to install AGWPE also and use the bpqtoagw program.
        >
        > Could someone point me in the right direction.

        If you want to do 'packet' with BPQ32, I'd suggest the new UZ7HO
        soundcard modem. I've been running it on HF for a couple weeks and
        plan to add 1200 VHF asap.

        The download page: http://uz7.ho.ua/index.php?lang=eng&id=4

        Interfacing with BPQ32:
        http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/UZ7HODriver.htm

        73
        Bill - WA7NWP
      • Rick Muething
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012
          Bill, John, All

          Can someone point me to a cookbook setup procedure for setting up BPQ for operating WINMOR with AirMail?  It would be good to have such a document or link handy to help answer questions.

          Thanks,

          Rick Muething, KN6KB
        • N9ACQ
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012

            Rick

                            The BPQ help system mentions how to use Airmail as a BOQ client. BPQ can use WINMOT so by their method so can Airmail. The same method cal\n also be applied to Paclink, which I have done. I can send you my BPQ32.cfg file to help you get started in this project.

            73 Bill

            N9ACQ

          • Rick Muething
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012
              Thanks Bill,
              Yes please send the file and I’ll use it to get familiar with the process.

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012

                Rick

                                Sent direct I you.

                73 Bill

                N9ACQ

              • Ken Jacobs
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012
                  Hi Rick....

                  WA7RF wrote up a set of instructions quite a while back....

                  http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/AirmailtoWINMOR.htm

                  They may be a little dated, but a good starting place for running Winmor with Airmail, using BPQ.

                  Ken KD6PGI

                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012

                    I am ordering a USB Soundcard and plan on using the soundcard program. I was told I needed to install AGWPE also and use the bpqtoagw program.

                    Could someone point me in the right direction.

                    73's
                    Shawn Bush

                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 25, 2012
                      These instructions are pretty much up to date, although there is now an option for running on 64 bit Windows systems without using 3rd party software. I'll update it asap.

                                      The BPQ help system mentions how to use Airmail as a BOQ client. BPQ can use WINMOT so by their method so can Airmail. The same method cal\n also be applied to Paclink, which I have done. I can send you my BPQ32.cfg file to help you get started in this project.

                      73 Bill

                      N9ACQ

                    • bolt637
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 26, 2012
                        Here you go Rick. This is very detailed yet simple
                        and it got me on the air first try.

                        http://www.lincares.org/Airmail-WINMOR.htm