Re: [BPQ32] Packet client on top of BPQ32?

  • Miroslav Skoric
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2012
      On 4/22/2012 3:06 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

      > You only need to run VCOMConfig once, to define the virtual COM port. It
      > will then be re-created each time the system boots
      >
      > BPQHostModes must be running all the time Winpack is running. It will load
      > bpq32 if it is not already running wnen BPQHostModes is started.

      Thank you, John. It is clear now. And it works.

      Another question: Although it is not a critical security issue, it might
      be interesting to try WinPack's MD2-related scripts for handling sysop
      passwords in BPQ32. It makes me wonder if such feature might be
      eventually added?

      - or -

      A feature similar to what exists in AA4RE, where a proper password
      answer can be inserted somewhere in between several (fake) lines, in
      order to disguise the right line.

      Misko