Re: [BPQ32] Lucky find

  • n4zkf
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 21, 2012
      I have about 30 and have used them for over 20 years. I even had a P4 motherboard built with ISA slots for the BBS about 5 years ago. I wouldn't run anything else. John even wrote an XP driver for them about a year or so that works great.

      D. Calder
      IPad

      On Apr 21, 2012, at 6:26 PM, afa1bu@... wrote:

      good idea... drsi cards are really neat.  I miss my 2x1200; ran that under JNOS years ago, which has a driver for that.  Very dependable and saved using external TNC's on VHF for a gateway.  I wish they were still made.  It was one of those innovations that was ahead of its time, back then.  And still do the job, without chewing up the RS232C com ports.  An alternative would be the BP-2's from Tigertronics, at $ 50 each...doesn't need external 12vdc.  Come in DB25, so need the DB9 to 25 adaptor.  --FYI, you can doctor up a DRSI card to run as high as 56K (not on RF of course), if have a use for a 56K AX25 application, or where a Bell 103 or 202 isn't do-able.  You shouldn't have much trouble doing DRSI on BPQ32, I think, however, check with John.
      Tom