RE: [BPQ32] WL2K software compliance ??

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 20, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 16 KB
    Rick

    The latest version is available on the BPQ32 Reflector home page or my web
    site,
    Remove the WL2K report string from the Telnet server Port, follow the below
    instructions
    The WL2K report now is in the RF port/ports config.
    Example:
    PROTOCOL=KISS ; TNC is used in KISS mode
    NOKEEPALIVES=1 ;
    WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, www.winlink.org, 8778, N9PMO-10, EN62CS, 00-23,
    145030000, PKT1200, 70, 35, 11, 300
    Note: PUBLIC & PKT1200
    Mike-N9PMO
    Message 2 of 16 , Apr 20, 2012
      Mike

      Thanks for the location, I checked the yahoo group and didn't see it there ?   The configuration file has already been changed, from our last conversation, I've also made the other changes we discussed.

      Thanks again

      73's

      Rick/n9umj

      Sent from my iPhone

      Message 3 of 16 , Apr 20, 2012
        Hi fellas,

        The reason you are seeing that message at the Winlink site is because the winlink reporting logs the latest version BPQ running. The latest version just so happens to be John's version as he tests new features....ie 5.2.6.2.....everyone else should be on 5.2.6.1

        So as long as you have the latest release, you are as current as you can be....

        Ken KD6PGI

        Message 4 of 16 , Apr 21, 2012

          Unfortunately WL2K’s new Version reporting feature isn’t really compatible with the way I number my releases of BPQ32. I use 1 in the last digit for production releases, and higher numbers for test versions. I may have to change the code so test versions send the last release version to WL2K instead of the actual version.

          Message 5 of 16 , Apr 21, 2012

            Ahh.. So it’s a misleading automatic error.. I seem to get a lot of those too….  ;)))))

            Thanks for clarification ken…

            FYI Have to send my PTCIIe in for a look see.. It keeps reinitializing over and over and over..  etc etc etc…

            Hope to have it back by end of next week or first of the following…

            73 jerry n9lya

            Message 6 of 16 , Apr 21, 2012

              Much easier just to keep on relying on Ron’s or Your posting to notify us of a new release.. J Works for me.. Not to concerned, with what the WL2K Site has to say about it. LOL

              73 jk

              Message 7 of 16 , Apr 21, 2012
                John and the Group

                Thanks for clarification

                Rick/n9umj

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 8 of 16 , Apr 30, 2012
                  WL2KREPORT not posting after install of 5.2.6.1

                  Hi All,

                  Since upgrading to 5.2.6.1 a couple of weeks ago, I have noticed that my WL2KREPORT information is not
                  showing up on the WL2K RMS Map on winlink.org website.

                  After doing some research I found an reference that indicates the WL2KREPORT needed to be modified
                  adding PUBLIC, and PKT in the line. Here is how my entry in my BPQ32.CFG TELNET PORT Definition reads:

                  CMS=1
                  WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, www.winlink.org, 8778, N4ATA, DM79lq, 00-23, 145050000, PKT1200, 35. 25, 7, 0

                  I made the change Yesterday, April 29 2012 and restarted my system. To date, I still don’t see  anything showing
                  up on the WL2K map or even any of the aprs reporting websites showing my Winlink information. Prior to 5.2.6.1
                  it was working and posting regularly

                  Any suggestions will be welcome.

                  73, Doug – N4ATA
                  Denver, CO 80219
                  n4ata@...

                  Message 9 of 16 , Apr 30, 2012
                  • 1 Attachment
                  • 15 KB
                  Doug

                  Just hang tight John is working on the solution..

                  Mike-N9PMO

                  Message 10 of 16 , Apr 30, 2012
                    The winlink reporting has changed in the last release......check out this link:

                    http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/WL2KReporting.html

                    Note: all reporting now goes in each rf port....not the telnet port anymore. So, every rf port you want to report to winlink will have a WL2KREPORT line....

                    Ken KD6PGI

                    Message 11 of 16 , Apr 30, 2012
                    • 1 Attachment
                    • 16 KB
                    Ken

                    There is more to the reporting problem then just editing the report line and
                    moving it to the
                    Ports section.

                    Mike-N9PMO

                    Message 12 of 16 , Apr 30, 2012
                    • 1 Attachment
                    • 10 KB
                    Mine seems to work fine now after about 13 Months of not working???? Go
                    figure it is set up with the new style..

                    Message 13 of 16 , Apr 30, 2012
                      On 4/30/2012 1:02 PM, Douglas Parker wrote:

                      Hi All,

                      Since upgrading to 5.2.6.1 a couple of weeks ago, I have noticed that my WL2KREPORT information is not
                      showing up on the WL2K RMS Map on winlink.org website.

                      After doing some research I found an reference that indicates the WL2KREPORT needed to be modified
                      adding PUBLIC, and PKT in the line. Here is how my entry in my BPQ32.CFG TELNET PORT Definition reads:

                      CMS=1
                      WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, www.winlink.org, 8778, N4ATA, DM79lq, 00-23, 145050000, PKT1200, 35. 25, 7, 0

                                                                                                                                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                                                                                                                                     after 35 and b4 25 you have period should be a comma

                      Message 14 of 16 , Apr 30, 2012
                      • 1 Attachment
                      • 14 KB
                      If reporting worked before upgrading to 5.2.6.1, then changing the config to
                      the new format described in the link below should fix it.

                      If you have just started using bpq32 for WL2K access, and have never run RMS
                      Packet before, you will not have a SYSOP record on the WL2K database, so
                      even if your reporting is correct, you will not show up on the new frequency
                      list, although your call will appear on the program versions page. The next
                      version of BPQ32 will have a facility to create and update the sysop record.

                      The WL2K team have changed the way they detect out of date versions, so now
                      you should only appear on the out of date list if you are running a version
                      prior to 5.2.6.1 (many thanks to Lee for making this change).

                      _____

                      Message 15 of 16 , Apr 30, 2012
                        This is working on both the public side and on the MARS side.  Works for Packet and Winmor in those sections.

                        Jay WS7I  AAR0AR