BPQ32 TCP access from an IPad...

  • Bill Vodall
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 20, 2012
      I think other's have mentioned a solution and my organization of
      important details like this has once again failed me. I just had
      the idea that if I could get to my home station I could hit a couple
      node hops and end up looking at the Network where Jerry/N7YGE is
      asking about his node ID.. So - is there an APP that allows an iPad
      to telnet to and log into the BPQ32 system. I know it's a bit tricky
      with EOL handling and the FBB port needs to be used.

      Thanks,
      Bill - WA7NWP

      PS - Jerry, those are KNodes you're looking at so their handling of
      your true Netrom style ID broadcast may be handled differently.
    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 20, 2012

        Putty.exe

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 20, 2012
          On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Jerry <n9lya@...> wrote:

          > Putty.exe

          I don't think Putty on the iPad is quite what I'm looking for:

          http://www.apppicker.com/apps_detail/320698236/EN/Putty/

          Putty.exe on the workstation is great and I need to try that. I have
          been having such good luck with the BPQTerminal on the winders systems
          I hadn't looked further.

          Bill
        • afa1bu@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 20, 2012
            Jerry, PUtty.exe is excellent.  another one to look at is RealVNC.  How to tcpip from one PC to another on your LAN, or across the internet, bring up the GUI display, keyboard, mouse and all; true remote.  I've used it to network more than one PC on the home LAN.  Where it runs into trouble is it doesn't do IP encap IP tunnels, had to go to linux to do that.  FYI, on RF, I wonder why there's KaNodes around, X1J4's are superior.  KaNodes reminds me of trying to sift through Kam Hostmode to do networking things.  What a pain!  It was one of those things put put in there to keep people from running KISS. (Attach KISS, to a JNOS).  Not easy to trick it to do that.  Tried FBB, and wound up doing with BPQ.   Tom

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 20, 2012

              I have used in the past Putty on my Dell X5 PDA and now on the HP 211.  Why not an Ipad?  It is just a terminal program.  Airmail has its limits when your TNC is not one that is recognized.  Also when you shut the programs down, they do not keep necessarily  keep the TNC in Kiss mode.   APRSGO for a PDA (Pocket PC and Mobile 5.0) will place a TNC into Kiss mode also.

              Bill, Herb likes to use Winpack but with his new PC on winders 64 bit he is dead on that.  I tried to get him to do the virtualbox and install XP and Winpack that way.  No hope; donkey says he does not have time to stop  and take the time to drink the water.  You can help some of the people some of the time, but you cannot help all the people all the time.  Some are just set in their ways.

              Oh, it seems I once used the terminal mode on UI-View to write to the TNC.  Been too long to remember how to get it in the conv mode.

              Jerry N7YGE

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 20, 2012

                We use Real VNC and Teamviewer as well..

                Cool.. 73 jerry

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 20, 2012

                  I have used it on my smart phone cool… 73 PUTTY is cheap and easy

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 21, 2012
                    I use Mocha Telnet Lite to access BPQ from IPad
                    Working OK
                    73 Jouko OH5RM