Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32 running now..

  • Ron Stordahl
    Message 1 of 44 , Dec 23, 2005
      The only reason to use the AGWPE program would be if you are using sound
      card modems. BPQ32 has an interface to AGWPE for that very reason

      If instead you use a TNC in KISS mode, then BPQ32 will drive it directly
      without any need for AGWPE.

      To do this you need to start AGWtoBPQ.exe, it will bring up everything
      it needs to do the job. Of course you do need to properly configure
      bpqcfg.txt (and then compile it with bpqcfg.exe) as well as create
      bpqaxip.cfg (but this only if you intend to use AX/IP/UDP for Internet
      connections to other machines).

      The documentation is not as good as it should be, but you still should
      read it. I would say, knowing little or nothing about WinFBB, that the
      usage and configuration is likely to be very similar to AR-Cluster,
      which I tried to explain in detail.

      Ron, N5IN

      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 6, 2006
        Hi John,
        I replaced the the earlier (jan.) with your new one, i am not sure how to cfg. the
        ports in the bpqcfg.txt  with wimfbb 7.01A

        i have the UNPROTO=MAIL in the ports 1, 2, and 3 statement, port 4 is my
        axip port, in the statement for port 4 I left out the UNPROTO=, then i tried
        UNPROTO=0 it still send a beacon out on port 4, also is there a way to include
        a Via in just one port? I tried UNPROTO=MAIL V IQP on port 3 with no luck,
        in each case i ran the bpqcfg.exe as it is now I have to have the Via in the Beacon1.txt in WinFBB..

        Mike/N9PMO