fbb32

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 23, 2007
      Hi All
      I have installed Winfbb32 on to an old 200mhz PC with 95 meg
      ram using WinME,i am usiny a Tiny2 tnc with the WA8DED.
      the program runs ok with no problems.
      I have also installed Winfbb32 on a 533mhz PC with 256 meg
      ram,WinXP Pro,agn using a tiny2 tnc with the WA8DED.it will not load up
      i get the fbb32 splash screen,thats are far as it will go.
      any ideas as to why it will not load.
      tnx & 73
      de Ken
      g7vja
      sysop (Winfbb 7.01i)
      GB7COW.#44.GBR.EU
    • MIchael Melnik Sr.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 23, 2007
        Ken, did you install the files:
        winfbbcfg.zip
        win701-35.zip
        you may have some missing files, when Programs come from a different
        computer MS has a security that blocks zip files, if you right click
        on the Zip file/Properites you may see a Unblock Button, if so you
        need to unblock it and overwrite, one of the signs of this happening
        is in the DATA Folder you may not see the CompresMail file.

        Also look at the Configuration Icon in the Root it MUST be a Blue
        Globe and NOT the Grey Gear.

        Please note: that the Blocking of Zip Files can happen with any
        program, i saw it happen with BPQ32_410 FEB also, Thanks to Bill
        Gates for his latest and greatest Updates Hi For XP and XP Media.

        Let me know if i can be of any help. Mike/N9PMO

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Ken " <g7vja@...> wrote:

        > Hi All
        > I have installed Winfbb32 on to an old 200mhz PC with 95 meg
        > ram using WinME,i am usiny a Tiny2 tnc with the WA8DED.
        > the program runs ok with no problems.
        > I have also installed Winfbb32 on a 533mhz PC with 256 meg
        > ram,WinXP Pro,agn using a tiny2 tnc with the WA8DED.it will not
        load up
        > i get the fbb32 splash screen,thats are far as it will go.
        > any ideas as to why it will not load.
        > tnx & 73
        > de Ken
        > g7vja
        > sysop (Winfbb 7.01i)
        > GB7COW.#44.GBR.EU

      • Ken
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 23, 2007
          Hi Mike
          Tnx for the reply
          I installed with win7.01-20 first
          put in the 7.01-35 update
          put in the winfbbcfg (blue globe on yellow stand)
          i run the program for the first time
          which starts the winfbbcfg,setup all my details etc
          saved and exit.
          rerun winfbb32
          all i got was as far as  the splash sceen.
          i will try it again tonight and see what happens
          at this moment i have it in test mode on the 200mhz PC,but i want run it  on the 533mhz PC
          as the main BBS machine.
          Roger G3LDI sent me a PG file for the 32bit,it had a virus so i could not download it from Yahoo
          i have told Roger about the virus.
          keep you posted Mike on how i get on.
          tnx & 73
          Ken

          e_mail me at anytime i check my mail every day
          and i will reply as soon as possible
          have a nice day
          Ken de g7vja\mb7ufo
          http://www.qsl.net/mb7ufo

        • Ken
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 27, 2007
            Hi Mike
            When trying to connect via RF
            it wont anyone connect using RF
            all i am getting is
            ***GB7COW BUSY
            ***DISCONNECTED
            its been "busy" since last night
            is it something to do with C_Filter (v1.0.01)
            my settings are:
            Com1 Maxframe 4
            Num Chans 4 Maxblock 40
            Multi Chan 0 Fwd Minute 10