New version of bpqded16.dll and bpqded32.dll uploaded

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 18, 2007
      I've just uploaded a new version of my DEDHOST emulation routines.
      These allow programs that use DED host mode (eg Wfbb16, Wfbb32,
      TSTHWIN) to use BPQ32.

      This version enables monitoring, and fixes a delay on startup with
      wfbb16 and wfbb32.

      I suggest that if you are running wfbb.exe, you set up a shortcut, and
      set the option "Run in separate memory space". This will ensure that
      the interface is closed tidily when fbb is shut down.

      73,
      John G8BPQ
    • MIchael Melnik Sr.
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 23, 2007
        > John G8BPQ
        Does the BPQDED32.DLL (renamed TFWIN32dll) allow for monitoring in
        7.00E? or do you use the BPQDED16.DLL? the date of the BPQDED32.DLL is
        2006 version 1,0,0,1

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 24, 2007
          Hi,

          If you are using the 16 bit version of WFBB 7.00, you need bpqded16.dll renamed to tfwin.dll, and a copy of bpqded32.dll.

          If you are using the 32 bit version of WFBB 7.00, you need bpqded32.dll  renamed to tfwin32.dll.

          The only 16 bit version I've tried is V7.00g25.

          The date is correct - I modified this at the end of last year, but didn't get round to releasing it.

          Does the BPQDED32.DLL (renamed TFWIN32dll) allow for monitoring in
          7.00E? or do you use the BPQDED16.DLL? the date of the BPQDED32.DLL is
          2006 version 1,0,0,1

          > I've just uploaded a new version of my DEDHOST emulation routines.
          > These allow programs that use DED host mode (eg Wfbb16, Wfbb32,
          > TSTHWIN) to use BPQ32.
          >
          > This version enables monitoring, and fixes a delay on startup with
          > wfbb16 and wfbb32.
          >
          > I suggest that if you are running wfbb.exe, you set up a shortcut,
          and
          > set the option "Run in separate memory space". This will ensure that
          > the interface is closed tidily when fbb is shut down.
          >
          > 73,
          > John G8BPQ

        • MIchael Melnik Sr.
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 24, 2007
            Thanks John for the response, yes i did rename the bpqded32.dll to
            tfwin32.dll for the 32 bit 7.00E, when you Run FBB it does run
            BPQ32.EXE but no monitoring takes place in the FBB Monitor Window,
            only in the BPQ Terminal window.

            Mike/N9PMO

            wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > If you are using the 16 bit version of WFBB 7.00, you need
            bpqded16.dll
            > renamed to tfwin.dll, and a copy of bpqded32.dll.
            >
            > If you are using the 32 bit version of WFBB 7.00, you need
            bpqded32.dll
            > renamed to tfwin32.dll.
            >
            > The only 16 bit version I've tried is V7.00g25.
            >
            > The date is correct - I modified this at the end of last year, but
            > didn't get round to releasing it.

            Behalf Of

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 24, 2007
              Ok, Mike.

              Check that your inittnc1.sys file enables monitoring - mine contains:

              # INITTNC for WA8DED interface

              O 4

              C MAIL

              T 50

              U 0

              N 10

              M IUSC

              I'm not sure which lines are essential, but without the M IUSC line monitoring is disabled.

              wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > If you are using the 16 bit version of WFBB 7.00, you need
              bpqded16.dll
              > renamed to tfwin.dll, and a copy of bpqded32.dll.
              >
              > If you are using the 32 bit version of WFBB 7.00, you need
              bpqded32.dll
              > renamed to tfwin32.dll.
              >
              > The only 16 bit version I've tried is V7.00g25.
              >
              > The date is correct - I modified this at the end of last year, but
              > didn't get round to releasing it.

            • MIchael Melnik Sr.
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 24, 2007
                Thanks John,

                I had to make some changes for the Kantronics TNC'S and Monitoring
                is working fine on the 16Bit and 32 Bit 7.00E.

                Mike/N9PMO

                wrote:

                > Ok, Mike.
                >
                > Check that your inittnc1.sys file enables monitoring - mine
                contains:

                > # INITTNC for WA8DED interface
                >
                > O 4
                >
                > C MAIL
                >
                > T 50
                >
                > U 0
                >
                > N 10
                >
                > M IUSC
                >
                > I'm not sure which lines are essential, but without the M IUSC line
                > monitoring is disabled.

                On
                > Behalf Of
                > > MIchael Melnik Sr.
                > > Sent: 23 November 2007 23:39
                > > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
                > > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: New version of bpqded16.dll and bpqded32.dll
                > > uploaded
                > >

                > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                > com, "John
                > > Wiseman" <john.wiseman@> wrote:
                > > > John G8BPQ
                > > Does the BPQDED32.DLL (renamed TFWIN32dll) allow for monitoring
                in
                > > 7.00E? or do you use the BPQDED16.DLL? the date of the
                > BPQDED32.DLL is
                > > 2006 version 1,0,0,1
                > >
                > > > I've just uploaded a new version of my DEDHOST emulation
                > routines.
                > > > These allow programs that use DED host mode (eg Wfbb16,
                Wfbb32,
                > > > TSTHWIN) to use BPQ32.
                > > >
                > > > This version enables monitoring, and fixes a delay on startup
                > with
                > > > wfbb16 and wfbb32.
                > > >
                > > > I suggest that if you are running wfbb.exe, you set up a
                > shortcut,
                > > and
                > > > set the option "Run in separate memory space". This will
                ensure
                > that
                > > > the interface is closed tidily when fbb is shut down.
                > > >
                > > > 73,
                > > > John G8BPQ

              • K.O. Higgs
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 24, 2007
                  Mike, what does the Kantronics file look like??

                  73, K.O. N0KFQ

                  --

                  K.O. Higgs
                  n0kfq@...
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 25, 2007
                    Hi K.O

                    Long time no hear, i haven't added my Kantronics 9612 so this may
                    very as i know you are running a couple of KamPlus, here is what i
                    used,
                    M ON
                    MCON ON
                    PID ON
                    U MAIL
                    HID OFF
                    MCOM OFF

                    How ever the standard settins like John sent me works ok too, i do
                    notice that the Monitor window of 7.00E or the 16 Bit version does
                    NOT show the Beacon, in trying the 16 Bit as i thought would happen,
                    it was using 98% of the processor where 7.00E ran at 6% on XP, i
                    suspect that the 16 bit is NOT running compleatly in the Windows
                    inviroment.

                    I am using only one BPQ port for the two ports in BPQ, i hope to
                    have more time today to add all my TNC'S and see what happens.

                    Mike/N9PMO

                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "K.O. Higgs" <n0kfq@...> wrote:

                    > Mike, what does the Kantronics file look like??
                    >
                    > 73, K.O. N0KFQ
                    >
                    > MIchael Melnik Sr. wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Thanks John,
                    > >
                    > > I had to make some changes for the Kantronics TNC'S and
                    Monitoring
                    > > is working fine on the 16Bit and 32 Bit 7.00E.
                    > >
                    > > Mike/N9PMO
                    > >
                    > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%
                    40yahoogroups.com>, "John
                    > > Wiseman" <john.wiseman@>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Ok, Mike.
                    > > >
                    > > > Check that your inittnc1.sys file enables monitoring - mine
                    > > contains:
                    > > >
                    > > > # INITTNC for WA8DED interface
                    > > >
                    > > > O 4
                    > > >
                    > > > C MAIL
                    > > >
                    > > > T 50
                    > > >
                    > > > U 0
                    > > >
                    > > > N 10
                    > > >
                    > > > M IUSC
                    > > >
                    > > > I'm not sure which lines are essential, but without the M IUSC
                    line
                    > > > monitoring is disabled.
                    > > >
                    > > > 73,
                    > > >
                    > > > John

                  • K.O. Higgs
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 25, 2007
                      Thanks, Mike. After Christmas I intend to start up my "experimental"
                      station again. I want to look into running BPQ32 with WinFBB7.00i. Will
                      stay in touch.

                      73, K.O. N0KFQ

                      --

                      K.O. Higgs
                      n0kfq@...
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 29, 2007
                        A problem has been found when running housekeeping with WFBB32.EXE.
                        I've just uploaded a new bpqded.zip that contains a fixed bpqded32.dll.
                        I recommend you upgrade, even if you are not seeing the housekeeping
                        problem, as it could appear in other circumstances

                        Regards,
                        John G8BPQ