RE: [BPQ32] Kiss TNC-X

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 4 4:07 PM
      Jerry,

      If you are referring to the APRS Map, your location is set in the APRSDIGI section of BPQ32.cfg, with the LAT and LON statements. Position is in normal APRS format - eg LAT=5259.04N  LON=00107.01W  .(DDMM.MM or DDDMM.MM).

      For the BPQ32 Nodes Map  http://nodemap.g8bpq.net:81/ the postion cones from the LOCATOR statement. This is either a "Grid Square", eg LOCATOR=IO92KX, or decimal degrees, positive for N and E, negative for S and W, eg LOCATOR=58.47576, -6.21168.

      BPQNODES.exe is a program to save the Nodes table, and runs as a DOS program. The node is an integral part of bpq32, and always runs. To link to other nodes you have to get to grips with the NETROM concepts and parameters. including QUALITY.

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 21 2:57 PM
        I have them all Bob. Do you want a 2 x 1200 baud port card or a 1 x 1200 port and an external 300 HF to go with it?

        n4zkf
        D. Calder
        IPad

        On Apr 4, 2012, at 11:51 AM, Bob Unger <robert4461@...> wrote:

        Thank you so.  I'll get in teh amil in a day or 2 and send to your CALL address.  I am very greatful.

        73 de Bob in Bethlehem, Pa. WB3DTG  (((   610-868-1112   )))    SEND NO MONEY PLEASE
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 21 3:26 PM
          good idea... drsi cards are really neat.  I miss my 2x1200; ran that under JNOS years ago, which has a driver for that.  Very dependable and saved using external TNC's on VHF for a gateway.  I wish they were still made.  It was one of those innovations that was ahead of its time, back then.  And still do the job, without chewing up the RS232C com ports.  An alternative would be the BP-2's from Tigertronics, at $ 50 each...doesn't need external 12vdc.  Come in DB25, so need the DB9 to 25 adaptor.  --FYI, you can doctor up a DRSI card to run as high as 56K (not on RF of course), if have a use for a 56K AX25 application, or where a Bell 103 or 202 isn't do-able.  You shouldn't have much trouble doing DRSI on BPQ32, I think, however, check with John.
          Tom

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 21 3:30 PM
            I have about 30 and have used them for over 20 years. I even had a P4 motherboard built with ISA slots for the BBS about 5 years ago. I wouldn't run anything else. John even wrote an XP driver for them about a year or so that works great.

            D. Calder
            IPad