Telnet problem

  • K.O. Higgs
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2012
      I am having a problem with the way BPQ telnet server deals with "backspace".

      When I connect to FBB via the FBB telnet input, pressing the "backspace" key works normally.. that is, it backspaces and deletes the character.

      When I connect to FBB via the BPQ telnet input, pressing the "backspace" key does not backspace, but adds block characters.

      What can I do to cause the BPQ telnet input to respond correctly to the "backspace" key?

      K.O. n0kfq
      --

      K.O. Higgs
      n0kfq@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2012
        K.O.

        BPQ Telnet expects to see the backspace character (hex 08). Some terminals (I've seen it with PUTTY) send DEL (Hex 7f) by default. PUTTY can be configured to send backspace - I don't know about other telnet products.

        John

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2012
          Thanks, PuTTy is what I am dealing with.. will look into it.

          K.O. n0kfq