Win98 Virtual null-modem ?

  • Charles Brabham
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 2, 2012
      Has anyone had success setting up virtual COM ports on a Win98 machine, to use MixW in virtual KISS TNC mode for example with BPQ32?

      73 DE Charles, N5PVL
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 2, 2012
        Charles,

        There is a WIN98 version of the BPQ32 Virtual COM driver, but it isn't in the standard install. The dirver,.BPQVCOMM.VXD can be downloaded from the Files section of this gruop.

        Place in it WINDOWS/SYSTEM, and run the BPQ32 VCOMConfig.exe program to create virtual COM ports.

        Configure a BPQ32 VKISS port to talk to it - http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/bpqvkiss.htm

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 3, 2012
          Hi CHarles. On win98 and even win95 I used the vcomm
          driver that is on the mixW download page. they have various
          drivers/utilities on that page near the bottom. GL
          and 73,

          Steven - N1OHX