Re: [BPQ32] Remote monitoring

  • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
      John Wiseman wrote:

      > Enter \\\mon on to enable remote monitoring, and \\\mon off to stop
      > it. And before anyone asks, no, there is no way at the moment to
      > select individual ports or message types - it is all or nothing!

      Btw, I am interested in monitoring radio ports of DOS JNOS 1.11f which
      does not run BPQ, but which I communicate by using BPQ32 (AXIP line). I
      would like to see what is going on at JNOS radio channels and to see
      that within BPQ32 terminal (Win2000 machine). Is that possible?

      Misko YT7MPB
    • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)
      Message 2 of 8 , May 6, 2008
        Hi all,

        I started to experiment with AA4RE BBS and BPQ 4.08/4.09, using KISS
        TNC. I have noticed that besides usual BPQ ports in AA4RE 2.13t, it is
        also suggested to play with as if there is a DRSI card but without using
        TNCTSR etc. It makes me wonder which approach is more memory efficient,
        because here I have only 1 meg of memory and I need to run not only
        AA4RE + bpqcode but a NIC driver for ethernet connection as well. At the
        moment, I run everything but AA4RE as 'load high' and when BB is active
        there is less than 100kb of free RAM /even less with a lot of messages
        in the system/.

        Btw, what are the most appropriate values of files= and buffers= lines
        in config.sys when running such a system? For the moment, I only need an
        AA4RE/BPQ setup that is capable to forward mails with the FBB/BPQ32
        system in the same LAN.

        Misko YT7MPB
      • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)