YAPP in bpq32MailChat?

  • Bill Vodall
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 25, 2012
      The subject is the question... Does BPQ32MailChat support YAPP file
      transfers to/from the users?

      Wow - 1986 on the spec... That's even older in packet than I am...

      ftp://ftp.tapr.org/general/yapp.txt

      Thanks - 73,
      Bill - WA7NWP
    • Charles Brabham
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 26, 2012
        As far as I can tell, there is no file transfer capability. - And I can't really say that I have missed it.

        73 DE Charles, N5PVL

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 26, 2012

          Bill,

          BPQMailChat doesn’t have file areas, so doesn’t need file transfer protocols.

          What uses did you have in mind for such a facility?

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 29, 2012
            > BPQMailChat doesn’t have file areas, so doesn’t need file transfer
            > protocols.
            >

            > What uses did you have in mind for such a facility?

            This was a request for a friend whom I'm trying to help get BPQ*
            running as a community resource and it's on his requirements list.

            Thanks,
            Bill

            PS. File transfer should get real interesting when we get a
            multi-cast file transfer mechanism running. Update BPQ32 over the
            air - why not!
          • D R Mynatt
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 29, 2012
              If I understand the comment correctly, that would really be nice;
              'push-type' update notice and update by download like the UI-View system.

              Dave
              KA0SWT

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 29, 2012
                On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 6:44 PM, D R Mynatt <dave@...> wrote:

                > If I understand the comment correctly, that would really be nice;
                > 'push-type' update notice and update by download like the UI-View system.
                >
                > Dave
                > KA0SWT

                Hi Dave,

                Was that the "WinPack" program for connected mode packet that had that
                functionality? If so, do you know if it was "one-to-many" with
                capability of the clients requesting fills on missed packets?

                Thanks!
                Bill, WA7NWP
              • D R Mynatt
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 31, 2012
                  Yes, I believe that was it. Also other push-type modules where users can
                  select the appropriate application. Version numbers are identified so
                  everyone knows the latest and what their own version is.

                  Dave
                  KA0SWT