Re: Remote monitoring with bpqtelnetserver

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "MHarloff" <mharloff@...> wrote:

      > John,
      >
      > Does this need sysop status or can any user do it ?
      >
      > - Mark K2CAN

      Hi Mark,

      No, it doesn't need any special status.

      John

      BPQ32,
      > > if it has not been done. What I would like to do is to connect
      > the
      > > laptop that is running AGWPE/BPQ and get a trace of its radio
      ports.
      > > It is the same idea as the Telnet Remote Server but add the
      ability
      > > monitor the radio ports. As far as I am aware, none of the AGW
      > > programs will do this, they require the use of the Windows
      machine.
      > > don't want to do this but be able to do everything from my Mac.
      > >
      > > I can already do this with a program called TelMgr but it
      doesn't
      > > display what digipeater the packets are coming from. Other then
      > that,
      > > it does a good job of displaying everything else.
      > >
      > > 73
      > > Josh, AB9FT
      > >
      > Hi,
      >
      > Enter \\\mon on to enable remote monitoring, and \\\mon off to
      stop
      > it. And before anyone asks, no, there is no way at the moment to
      > select individual ports or message types - it is all or nothing!
      >
      > 73,
      > John G8BPQ

      10/31/2007 10:06 AM

    • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
        John Wiseman wrote:

        > Enter \\\mon on to enable remote monitoring, and \\\mon off to stop
        > it. And before anyone asks, no, there is no way at the moment to
        > select individual ports or message types - it is all or nothing!

        Btw, I am interested in monitoring radio ports of DOS JNOS 1.11f which
        does not run BPQ, but which I communicate by using BPQ32 (AXIP line). I
        would like to see what is going on at JNOS radio channels and to see
        that within BPQ32 terminal (Win2000 machine). Is that possible?

        Misko YT7MPB
      • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)
        Message 3 of 8 , May 6, 2008
          Hi all,

          I started to experiment with AA4RE BBS and BPQ 4.08/4.09, using KISS
          TNC. I have noticed that besides usual BPQ ports in AA4RE 2.13t, it is
          also suggested to play with as if there is a DRSI card but without using
          TNCTSR etc. It makes me wonder which approach is more memory efficient,
          because here I have only 1 meg of memory and I need to run not only
          AA4RE + bpqcode but a NIC driver for ethernet connection as well. At the
          moment, I run everything but AA4RE as 'load high' and when BB is active
          there is less than 100kb of free RAM /even less with a lot of messages
          in the system/.

          Btw, what are the most appropriate values of files= and buffers= lines
          in config.sys when running such a system? For the moment, I only need an
          AA4RE/BPQ setup that is capable to forward mails with the FBB/BPQ32
          system in the same LAN.

          Misko YT7MPB
        • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)