Re: [BPQ32] Remote monitoring with bpqtelnetserver

  • MHarloff
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
      John,

      Does this need sysop status or can any user do it ?

      - Mark K2CAN

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "MHarloff" <mharloff@...> wrote:

        > John,
        >
        > Does this need sysop status or can any user do it ?
        >
        > - Mark K2CAN

        Hi Mark,

        No, it doesn't need any special status.

        John

        10/31/2007 10:06 AM

      • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
          John Wiseman wrote:

          > Enter \\\mon on to enable remote monitoring, and \\\mon off to stop
          > it. And before anyone asks, no, there is no way at the moment to
          > select individual ports or message types - it is all or nothing!

          Btw, I am interested in monitoring radio ports of DOS JNOS 1.11f which
          does not run BPQ, but which I communicate by using BPQ32 (AXIP line). I
          would like to see what is going on at JNOS radio channels and to see
          that within BPQ32 terminal (Win2000 machine). Is that possible?

          Misko YT7MPB
        • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)
          Message 4 of 8 , May 6, 2008
            Hi all,

            I started to experiment with AA4RE BBS and BPQ 4.08/4.09, using KISS
            TNC. I have noticed that besides usual BPQ ports in AA4RE 2.13t, it is
            also suggested to play with as if there is a DRSI card but without using
            TNCTSR etc. It makes me wonder which approach is more memory efficient,
            because here I have only 1 meg of memory and I need to run not only
            AA4RE + bpqcode but a NIC driver for ethernet connection as well. At the
            moment, I run everything but AA4RE as 'load high' and when BB is active
            there is less than 100kb of free RAM /even less with a lot of messages
            in the system/.

            Btw, what are the most appropriate values of files= and buffers= lines
            in config.sys when running such a system? For the moment, I only need an
            AA4RE/BPQ setup that is capable to forward mails with the FBB/BPQ32
            system in the same LAN.

            Misko YT7MPB
          • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)