Remote monitoring with bpqtelnetserver

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
      > I have a feature request for the Remote Telnet Server and for BPQ32,
      > if it has not been done. What I would like to do is to connect to
      the
      > laptop that is running AGWPE/BPQ and get a trace of its radio ports.
      > It is the same idea as the Telnet Remote Server but add the ability
      > monitor the radio ports. As far as I am aware, none of the AGW
      > programs will do this, they require the use of the Windows machine.
      > don't want to do this but be able to do everything from my Mac.
      >
      > I can already do this with a program called TelMgr but it doesn't
      > display what digipeater the packets are coming from. Other then
      that,
      > it does a good job of displaying everything else.
      >
      > 73
      > Josh, AB9FT

      Hi,

      Enter \\\mon on to enable remote monitoring, and \\\mon off to stop
      it. And before anyone asks, no, there is no way at the moment to
      select individual ports or message types - it is all or nothing!

      73,
      John G8BPQ
    • MHarloff
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
        John,

        Does this need sysop status or can any user do it ?

        - Mark K2CAN

        > I have a feature request for the Remote Telnet Server and for BPQ32,
        > if it has not been done. What I would like to do is to connect to
        the
        > laptop that is running AGWPE/BPQ and get a trace of its radio ports.
        > It is the same idea as the Telnet Remote Server but add the ability
        > monitor the radio ports. As far as I am aware, none of the AGW
        > programs will do this, they require the use of the Windows machine.
        > don't want to do this but be able to do everything from my Mac.
        >
        > I can already do this with a program called TelMgr but it doesn't
        > display what digipeater the packets are coming from. Other then
        that,
        > it does a good job of displaying everything else.
        >
        > 73
        > Josh, AB9FT

        Hi,

        Enter \\\mon on to enable remote monitoring, and \\\mon off to stop
        it. And before anyone asks, no, there is no way at the moment to
        select individual ports or message types - it is all or nothing!

        73,
        John G8BPQ

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "MHarloff" <mharloff@...> wrote:

          > John,
          >
          > Does this need sysop status or can any user do it ?
          >
          > - Mark K2CAN

          Hi Mark,

          No, it doesn't need any special status.

          John

          10/31/2007 10:06 AM

        • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
            John Wiseman wrote:

            > Enter \\\mon on to enable remote monitoring, and \\\mon off to stop
            > it. And before anyone asks, no, there is no way at the moment to
            > select individual ports or message types - it is all or nothing!

            Btw, I am interested in monitoring radio ports of DOS JNOS 1.11f which
            does not run BPQ, but which I communicate by using BPQ32 (AXIP line). I
            would like to see what is going on at JNOS radio channels and to see
            that within BPQ32 terminal (Win2000 machine). Is that possible?

            Misko YT7MPB
          • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)
            Message 5 of 8 , May 6, 2008
              Hi all,

              I started to experiment with AA4RE BBS and BPQ 4.08/4.09, using KISS
              TNC. I have noticed that besides usual BPQ ports in AA4RE 2.13t, it is
              also suggested to play with as if there is a DRSI card but without using
              TNCTSR etc. It makes me wonder which approach is more memory efficient,
              because here I have only 1 meg of memory and I need to run not only
              AA4RE + bpqcode but a NIC driver for ethernet connection as well. At the
              moment, I run everything but AA4RE as 'load high' and when BB is active
              there is less than 100kb of free RAM /even less with a lot of messages
              in the system/.

              Btw, what are the most appropriate values of files= and buffers= lines
              in config.sys when running such a system? For the moment, I only need an
              AA4RE/BPQ setup that is capable to forward mails with the FBB/BPQ32
              system in the same LAN.

              Misko YT7MPB
            • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)