Interfacing BPQ32 and DXSpider (Windows version) assistance needed

  • Ron Stordahl N5IN
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2007
      I am trying to gain enough knowledge to write a set of instructions on
      how to interface BPQ32 and DXSpider. I would include these
      instructions with a forthcoming new release of BPQ32.

      I am not a DXSpider user, and I will not have time enough to do it
      myself and still get the next release of BPQ32 out in a reasonable
      period of time.

      If someone has successfully interfaced BPQ32 with DXSpider and would
      be willing to describe how it is done I will greatly appreciate it.

      BPQ32 has three interface methods to interface with an application
      running on the same machine. I should have mentioned that it's the
      Windows version of DXSpider I am concerned about. Interfacing BPQ32
      with the Linux version is a separate matter, and would be done by
      running BPQ32 (since it only runs under Windows) and DXSpider Linux on
      separate machines.

      The three interface methods are Active-X (OCX), DLL and AGWtoBPQ. I
      am most familiar with the OCX and AGWtoBPQ methods. I don't believe
      Windows DXSpider uses the OCX method. A quick look ath the DXSpider
      docs indicates that it does provide an AGWPE interface. I am assuming
      that is the tcp interface? There is (or was) a AGWPE DLL interface,
      but I think that has been retired. The BPQ32 AGWtoBPQ.exe program
      provides an AGWPE tcp look alike interface, so this should be
      relatively straightforward. As to an DLL interface, I believe that
      John G8BPQ did provide a bpqperl.dll to accomplish this. Is anyone
      using that?

      If someone is willing to lend a hand I will appreciate it.

      Ron, N5IN