Help, I'm lost here...

  • n7zef
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2007
      I am trying to setup a BBS here by using BBQ 4.08 and WinFbb7.00i on a
      PII laptop, 233 MMX, 96 meg Win'98sp2.
      I can get the BPQ to work by itself, and all works well there. If I
      change the settings in WinFbb to "test mode" all works there. But if I
      go the whole route with all, the machine either locks up or gets the
      BSOD.
      I have followed all the documentation I have found as far as setting
      this all up, and the suggested settings of using Win'98.
      My goal here is to have a packet BBS in the area that I can send/
      receive packet messages via telenet for others in the area.

      Any Suggestions anyone?

      73
      Mike - N7ZEF
    • Art Bertheaume
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2007
        Hi Mike,
          Jim Oberhofer, KN6PE, has put together an excellent set up guide for the combination of BPQ and F6FBB you are using at this link:

        Get your RF operations going first and then proceed on to telnet operations.

        Jim is also the author of Outpost.  More info on Outpost is at this link:

        73
        Art,  N9ZZK

        n7zef <n7zef@...> wrote:
        I am trying to setup a BBS here by using BBQ 4.08 and WinFbb7.00i on a
        PII laptop, 233 MMX, 96 meg Win'98sp2.
        I can get the BPQ to work by itself, and all works well there. If I
        change the settings in WinFbb to "test mode" all works there. But if I
        go the whole route with all, the machine either locks up or gets the
        BSOD.
        I have followed all the documentation I have found as far as setting
        this all up, and the suggested settings of using Win'98.
        My goal here is to have a packet BBS in the area that I can send/
        receive packet messages via telenet for others in the area.

        Any Suggestions anyone?

        73
        Mike - N7ZEF

      • Mike Reed
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 2007
          That is what I used for my reference material...
           73
           Mike - N7ZEF

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 29, 2007
            Mike Reed wrote:

            > That is what I used for my reference material...
            > 73
            > Mike - N7ZEF

            Hi Mike,

            If you send me your AUTOEXEC.BAT, CONFIG.SYS and BPQCFG.TXT
            files, I will have a look and see where the problem is, also the
            RUNFBB.BAT file.

            Regards ..... Peter ZL2BAU