Re: [BPQ32] Message B3MDB0FHN11K from DL3JGN

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 14, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 8 KB
    message mail.in attached John
    ken g7vja
    gb7cow
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:46 PM
    Subject: [BPQ32] Message B3MDB0FHN11K from DL3JGN

    Peter,

    It looks like message bid B3MDB0FHN11K from DL3JGN is causing the BBS to crash.

    This was being received from different FBB systems.

    If anyone running FBB has a copy of this message, could they send me the mail file, and I’ll try to find the bug.

    Thanks,
    John

    From: John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...>
    Subject: RE: [BPQ32] bpq32 mail and chat server
    To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 6:29 AM

    Peter,

    I need to see the logs to have any idea what might be going wrong, As a minimum the LOG_BBS LOG_CHAT and LOG_DEBUG files, but the log created by Debugview is also very helpful.

    Message 2 of 7 , Mar 14, 2012
      Ken & Peter

      Jerry's N9LYA MailChat was crashing several times a day, Jerry did have that
      message but it ended
      With a K instead of an H, the problem of the crashing was another
      message/messages @DL being sent
      To N9LYA via F8COJ, as soon as F8COJ sent the message proposal N9LYA would
      crash.

      This does not mean it is F8COJ BBS fault, but there is just a bad message
      @DL he is sending.

      I set N9LYA to reject @DL forced a forward session with F8COJ and all went
      well, I also killed @DL
      Messages in Jerry's system, Jerry also forwards with Peter 9Y4PJ, from a
      stand point of N9LYA
      Station all should be ok now, is still up and running now, Jerry has a HF
      port disabled and will re-enable
      now.

      I am sure John is right there is a problem with that message, but since
      Jerry already had the message
      There is still at least another bad message floating around, it happens form
      time to time.

      73
      Mike-N9PMO
      [Attachment(s) <> from Ken included below]

      message mail.in attached John
      ken g7vja
      gb7cow

      I need to see the logs to have any idea what might be going wrong, As a
      minimum the LOG_BBS LOG_CHAT and LOG_DEBUG files, but the log created by
      Debugview is also very helpful.

      Hi, my bpq32 mail and chat server is shutting down.
      when I see that I go to start and clicl mail and chat server it comes back
      up with all the streams at times and other times I wait for the sream to
      come backup..
      can't say what is causing....

      Any answers to this....Peter 9y4pj

      Attachment(s) from Ken