RE: [BPQ32] bpq32 mail and chat server

  • Peter Joseph 9y4pj
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 14, 2012
    Hi John,Hope is these files you want...

    From the desk of 9Y4PJ..,,
        Peter

    --- On Wed, 3/14/12, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

    From: John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...>
    Subject: RE: [BPQ32] bpq32 mail and chat server
    To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 6:29 AM

    Peter,

    I need to see the logs to have any idea what might be going wrong, As a minimum the LOG_BBS LOG_CHAT and LOG_DEBUG files, but the log created by Debugview is also very helpful.

    Message 2 of 7 , Mar 14, 2012
      Peter,

      It looks like message bid B3MDB0FHN11K from DL3JGN is causing the BBS to crash.

      This was being received from different FBB systems.

      If anyone running FBB has a copy of this message, could they send me the mail file, and I’ll try to find the bug.

      Thanks,
      John

      From: John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...>
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 6:29 AM

      Message 3 of 7 , Mar 14, 2012
        Peter

        Try starting your BPQMailChat see if it stays running now.

        Mike-N9PMO
        [Attachment(s) from Peter Joseph 9y4pj included below]

        Hi John,Hope is these files you want...
        From the desk of 9Y4PJ..,,
            Peter

        I need to see the logs to have any idea what might be going wrong, As a
        minimum the LOG_BBS LOG_CHAT and LOG_DEBUG files, but the log created by
        Debugview is also very helpful.

        Hi, my bpq32 mail and chat server is shutting down.
        when I see that I go to start and clicl mail and chat server it comes back
        up with all the streams at times and other times I wait for the sream to
        come backup..
        can't say what is causing....

        Any answers to this....Peter 9y4pj

        Attachment(s) from Peter Joseph 9y4pj
        10 of 11 File(s) (View all Files)

        Log_120314_DEBUG.txt

        Log_120314_CHAT.txt

        Log_120314_BBS.txt

        Log_120313_DEBUG.txt

        Log_120313_CHAT.txt

        Log_120313_BBS.txt

        Log_120312_DEBUG.txt

        Log_120312_CHAT.txt

        Log_120312_BBS.txt

        Traffic.txt
      • Ken
        Message 4 of 7 , Mar 14, 2012
        message mail.in attached John
        ken g7vja
        gb7cow

        Message 5 of 7 , Mar 14, 2012
          Ken & Peter

          Jerry's N9LYA MailChat was crashing several times a day, Jerry did have that
          message but it ended
          With a K instead of an H, the problem of the crashing was another
          message/messages @DL being sent
          To N9LYA via F8COJ, as soon as F8COJ sent the message proposal N9LYA would
          crash.

          This does not mean it is F8COJ BBS fault, but there is just a bad message
          @DL he is sending.

          I set N9LYA to reject @DL forced a forward session with F8COJ and all went
          well, I also killed @DL
          Messages in Jerry's system, Jerry also forwards with Peter 9Y4PJ, from a
          stand point of N9LYA
          Station all should be ok now, is still up and running now, Jerry has a HF
          port disabled and will re-enable
          now.

          I am sure John is right there is a problem with that message, but since
          Jerry already had the message
          There is still at least another bad message floating around, it happens form
          time to time.

          73
          Mike-N9PMO
          [Attachment(s) <> from Ken included below]

          message mail.in attached John
          ken g7vja
          gb7cow

          I need to see the logs to have any idea what might be going wrong, As a
          minimum the LOG_BBS LOG_CHAT and LOG_DEBUG files, but the log created by
          Debugview is also very helpful.

          Hi, my bpq32 mail and chat server is shutting down.
          when I see that I go to start and clicl mail and chat server it comes back
          up with all the streams at times and other times I wait for the sream to
          come backup..
          can't say what is causing....

          Any answers to this....Peter 9y4pj

          Attachment(s) from Ken