Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32 running now..

  • hs1lmv@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 44 , Dec 23, 2005
      Hi Lane/VE7IHL,

      I have used only BPQ 16bit installation BPQINST1.ZIP this will install the BPQ in your system which you can use the BPQCFG.TXT to recomplied with BPQ32 code with some minor modification on BPQCFG.TXT to fit with BPQ32 such as COM ID.

      I think BPQtoAGW.EXE is not intend for BPQ32 to interface with WinFBB7.01.35 as Ron has mentioned before.  The easy way to interface WinFBB7.01.35 is to configure the port to use AGW interface (this will use the AGW.DLL from WinFBB7.01.35) then your WinFBB can interface with AGW Engine.  If you wish you can interface both of AGW Engine and BPQ32 in the same time which I have tried out b4.

      Here with I have also attached the file BPQINST1.ZIP for BPQ 16bits installation and How_to make BPQ32 work with Sally which can be used as reference to get it work with WinFBB.

      Hope this will help you to work with BPQ32 and WinFBB.  Currently WinFBB7.01.35 has built in interfaces AGW, BPQ, TCP, TLN and DED.

      Enjoy your BPQ32 and share with us the result.

      73 De HS1LMV/Sunan
                  hs1lmv@...
      packet mail : hs1lmv.#ngk.bkk.tha.as
      Echolink conference Node : *THAI*

      ve7ihl <lwforsale@...> wrote:
      > I am a little skeptical about an installer program, because in
      practice
      > BPQ32 may require frequent reconfiguration due to a changing user
      > environment.  While the bpqcfg.txt file does at first glance seem
      > complex, it is very complete.  A graphical interface to set all of
      this
      > would be quite big, and I think it would be ackward.  That's my
      > opinion.  At least right now.

      Thanks for the reply Ron.

      As far as the installer goes, it would help new people who are
      getting started, and not sure what to setup. The configuration would
      be made as simple as possible, and would just essentially use
      a "full" BPQCFG.Txt file (filled with all the examples that are
      already in it).
      It would be an optional item in the installer that would just ask
      them a few simple questions like:
      - number of COM ports attached to TNC's
      - which com port to which TNC is connected
      - ax.25 callsign to use and SSID
      - netrom aliaes names
      - beacon ID text.

      And then default everything else. They would still get everything
      they get now, it would just be organized into a nice single EXE
      installer they can run.

      It actually is not too hard to do with the NSIS tool.

      I'll leave the issue for now, it was just a suggestion, and perhaps
      a way I could help out a bit.

      Regards, and I'll let all know how it goes with the F6FBB (win32
      version) install.

      Lane
      VE7IHL

      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 6, 2006
        Hi John,
        I replaced the the earlier (jan.) with your new one, i am not sure how to cfg. the
        ports in the bpqcfg.txt  with wimfbb 7.01A

        i have the UNPROTO=MAIL in the ports 1, 2, and 3 statement, port 4 is my
        axip port, in the statement for port 4 I left out the UNPROTO=, then i tried
        UNPROTO=0 it still send a beacon out on port 4, also is there a way to include
        a Via in just one port? I tried UNPROTO=MAIL V IQP on port 3 with no luck,
        in each case i ran the bpqcfg.exe as it is now I have to have the Via in the Beacon1.txt in WinFBB..

        Mike/N9PMO