Re: Network card in Windows XP with BPQ32

  • MIchael Melnik Sr.
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
      Misko YT7MPB
      Here is one of the 3COM Ddrivers i do have a latest one but to large
      to send threw the group.
      It is in the Files secontion, if you want the latest version send me
      a E-Mail.

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)"
      <skoric@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Recently I changed the NIC in my computer, in order to enable
      Windows XP
      > to use it. (Earlier it was a NE2000 clone ISA card that Windows
      2000
      > recognized, but XP did not. Now it is a 3C905 PCI one which both
      OS's
      > can install.) The problem is that under Windows 2000 (multi-boot
      > computer) BPQ32 uses the card without problems /as it did before
      with
      > the old card/, but under Windows XP I get a message "Bind Failed
      for RAW
      > socket - error code = 10013". Btw, the local area network between
      that
      > computer and the other one is quite fine, it seems just BPQ does
      not
      > want to initialize. Any idea? Any difference between the OS's
      related to
      > BPQ32?
      >
      > Misko YT7MPB

    • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 8, 2007
        John Wiseman wrote:

        > Hi Misco,
        >
        > I think this is caused by running without admin rights in XP. It seems that
        > only admin uses can use raw sockets, as used by AX/IP. You could try either
        > switching to AX/UDP, or runing bpq32 as an administrator.

        Thank you John. Is it possible to start bpq32 as a system service (in
        the background) regardless of the user's rights? That might be a solution.

        Misko YT7MPB

      • TDxBPQ@tonev.org.uk
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007
          I run a node in North London (ENF1). Is there any way I can build up or
          find out a list of users who actually log on to the node?

          73

          Tony
          G4CJC
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007
            Hi Misco,

            It is possible to run bpq32.exe as a service using Microsoft's srvany utility, but I have not done any significant testing with this. It would probably be better to get your partners to use UDP rather than raw IP, if that is possible.

            Regards,