Re: [BPQ32] APRS Client - High CPU loading

  • Peter - ZL2BAU
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2012
      On 04/03/12 00:27, John Wiseman wrote:

      Ok, Peter,

      Unfortunately I don’t have a slow machine here to try it on.

      Even with 10000 stations it only uses a few percent on my Intel Atom 1.6 Ghz based laptop, but I realise that a direct comparison of clock speed between old and new processors can be misleading.

      Do you see the problem with a very low number of stations? – I’m interested to know if it is drawing the map that takes so much, or adding the station icons.

      I could probably add an option to refresh less often for slow machines.

      Hi John,

                 Thanks for checking it out, I don`t see it as a problem for an average user as machines now days are fast and you wouldn`t see this effect, my machine here maybe needs another shovel full of coal, Hi Hi.

      It is only a problem as the map becomes more populated BUT it is only for a second or so where the mouse etc stops to function, on a faster machine, you don`t even notice it.

      I thought I would just mention it in case someone else had a similar problem but I am certainly not going to worry about it.

      Regards ..... Peter