RE: [BPQ32] Network card in Windows XP with BPQ32

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
      Hi Misco,

      I think this is caused by running without admin rights in XP. It seems that only admin uses can use raw sockets, as used by AX/IP. You could try either switching to  AX/UDP, or runing bpq32  as an administrator.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
        Misko YT7MPB
        Here is one of the 3COM Ddrivers i do have a latest one but to large
        to send threw the group.
        It is in the Files secontion, if you want the latest version send me
        a E-Mail.

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)"
        <skoric@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Recently I changed the NIC in my computer, in order to enable
        Windows XP
        > to use it. (Earlier it was a NE2000 clone ISA card that Windows
        2000
        > recognized, but XP did not. Now it is a 3C905 PCI one which both
        OS's
        > can install.) The problem is that under Windows 2000 (multi-boot
        > computer) BPQ32 uses the card without problems /as it did before
        with
        > the old card/, but under Windows XP I get a message "Bind Failed
        for RAW
        > socket - error code = 10013". Btw, the local area network between
        that
        > computer and the other one is quite fine, it seems just BPQ does
        not
        > want to initialize. Any idea? Any difference between the OS's
        related to
        > BPQ32?
        >
        > Misko YT7MPB

      • Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 8, 2007
          John Wiseman wrote:

          > Hi Misco,
          >
          > I think this is caused by running without admin rights in XP. It seems that
          > only admin uses can use raw sockets, as used by AX/IP. You could try either
          > switching to AX/UDP, or runing bpq32 as an administrator.

          Thank you John. Is it possible to start bpq32 as a system service (in
          the background) regardless of the user's rights? That might be a solution.

          Misko YT7MPB

        • TDxBPQ@tonev.org.uk
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007
            I run a node in North London (ENF1). Is there any way I can build up or
            find out a list of users who actually log on to the node?

            73

            Tony
            G4CJC
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007
              Hi Misco,

              It is possible to run bpq32.exe as a service using Microsoft's srvany utility, but I have not done any significant testing with this. It would probably be better to get your partners to use UDP rather than raw IP, if that is possible.

              Regards,