RE: [BPQ32] Re: Port Confusion

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2 10:13 AM
      Steve

      No bugs, you must have had a band opening yesterday and a band drop on 6
      meters making the Quality heard higher (more times heard) on 2 meters,
      any netrom will always use the port with the highest port quality, that
      is the point of a netrom to remember what port will be the most reliable
      for a connection, Are you seeing polling transmissions between your node
      and other Netroms?

      If you are you can add to the RF ports NOKEEPALIVES=1 statement below
      the
      PROTOCOL=KISS statement, up front this won't solve your problem, the
      only
      Real way to solve the intermittent 2 meter connection is again to Lock
      your node
      Partner below your MINQUAL= setting, or increase the MINQUAL= for the 2
      meter port, locking the 2 meter port below the MINQUAL= for the 2 meter
      port is probably a easier way.

      I am glad to hear that someone is finally using 6 meters for Packet
      Radio
      FM or SSB?

      Mike-N9PMO

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2 10:53 AM
        Hi Mike,

        OK, starting to make sense now. And, yes, I am seeing the polling transmissions.

        As to 6 meters, I had been just 2 meters (the common Maine freq of 145.010) since over a year ago when Jeff and Ken helped me get set up. For the folks who were out of range of 2 meters direct, they either used one of the digis around here or got access via my HF Winmor port. We started playing with 6 meter voice and digital (PSK-125R mostly), both USB and FM and then figured it might make a good band to use for packet and sure enough.

        We had to get through some local interference issues (my latest was a battery charger that desensed my radio) and set up some decent antennas.  We're all FM using horizontal polarization. My radio is an Alinco DR-06T and I'm using a TNC-X. KB1DBL is using an FT-897 with UZ7HO's modem for 6 and the station that's just setting up now (KB1UTD) is using an FT-897 with KPC-3.

        Other than us there's almost no 6 meter activity around here that I'm aware of. Our club has a 6 meter repeater but it's rarely used.

        73,
        Steve KB1TCE

        03/02/12